Legendary Chest Not Opening and Disappearing

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: EU
Mods?: Yes
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

The legendary chest by the three skull crocodile near Sinner’s Refuge is not opening. Both my friend and I tried it. We both had skeleton keys. He is level 60, while I am not. We tried spam clicking on and around the chest and destroying the rock next to it. On relog the chest disappeared.

Installed Mods:

Pippi - User & Server Management - v3.8.10

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Kill the crocodile
  2. Get the skeleton key
  3. Try to use the skeleton key
  4. Fail
  5. Spam click
  6. Destroy rock
  7. Try to use skeleton key
  8. Fail
  9. Relog
  10. Chest disappears

I believe the chests are on a 30 minute or an hour timer. So if someone got it before you the chest could still show up but it’s not ready to be looted.

We were the only ones on the server for a couple hours at that point. It’s only us and a few other of our friends, so I don’t think it was looted beforehand.

After a legendary chest has been looted, it respawns twice.

The first respawn happens after 15 minutes, and this chest cannot be looted or interacted with in any way.

The second respawn happens after 30 minutes, and this chest is a normal legendary chest that can be looted and destroyed. However, it does not replace the first chest, they both occupy nearly the same space.

The real and fake chests are offset from each other very slightly, like probably in the sub-pixel range so it isn’t even possible to see. But, because they are offset, you can interact with the real chest from certain angles. Move around the chest and try from every side until you manage to get the real chest.

Once looted, the real chest will vanish like normal, but the fake chest will stay there permanently until server restart.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.