Lian disappeared

Game mode: [Online | Singleplayer]
Problem: [Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc]
Region: [Here]

[Free text]

***so I was dragging the thrall lian and got stuck between a wolf and a rock so it killed me and I went back then killed it and looked for the body of lian yet I found nothing. So I widen my search area till I can’t anymore and still nothing. I went to check back at lians watch to see if he was there but no and I waited and all other NPCs besides lian respawn. Lian is nowhere to be found am I just missing something or is this a bug?

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

1 Like

His body is somewhere around where you were killed. If you don’t find it, he will stay knocked out until someone is in the area for a long enough time for him to wake up. If that does not happen, he will show up after the next server reboot.

Well crap that might be a while. I was hoping for lian cause he was pretty decent. Are there any other guaranteed t4 fighter spawns up north or closer to lians watch?currently have tarman but he won’t be good for long up north

On Singleplayer many things reload, if you are far away.

Also Lian is a fix spawn at Lians watch. He is not gone, after you captured/killed him 1 time. Should respawn after 15minutes (default setting).

1 Like

Here you go man. Cimmerian Berserker in this pond in the Mounds. 100% spawn. Although, he/she sometimes wanders up to kill wights.

Capture

1 Like

Logging in and out in the area usually fixes visual bugs like Lians missing body. If you are on a solo game it would be treated as a server restart which would put him back at his original spawn location. The same will happen when an online server restarts.

1 Like

I’ve found Dina, the Master Huntress, to make a great fighter thrall & currently TWO of her often spawn at the same location: pretty much straight east of New Asagarth, between the base of the aqueduct & the cliffs leading to black blood icky birds. Also just NW from a root boss guarding a legendary chest.
As seems to be the chronic irony with the new thrall system, Archers spec out as much better Fighters, than do Fighters & vice versa. Dina’s begin with 30 Strength, 5 Agility & 10 Vitality so I break several & check the % growth chance gain for the attributes I want like Strength.
I’m currently leveling another Dina - at 15 she’s now at 56+12 Strength (76% chance) & 4100 HP so she’s doing just fine. I had a level 20 Dina with 80 Strength but only 3000 HP. With the Sword of Crom she was a chainsaw but died surprisingly against the Arena Champion…that giant Amazon beyotch!

1 Like

@Catspaw, my lvl 20 Greater Bear eats the Arena Champion for breakfast. LOL

The starting attribute is faction based, not class based.

Best fighters are: Cimmerian berserker, Dalinsia Snowhunter or any Volcano Fighter.
Lian & Janos are also great, but they dont have that much HP.

For archers I would recommend RHTS or the 2 Sepermeru archers or this fix Spawn next to the Den. Duneman or sth like that.

Currently I run around with a T4 bearer. Makes kinda the same dmg like a Player and has many slots :slight_smile:

Both of my named bearer thralls are dead now. :frowning: 2 in 2 days…Lost so much top end gear, that it’s heartbreaking.

1 Like

WTF are you doing with your bearer? :smiley:

I clear NA or volcano without any problems. Even at lvl0… But I make most dmg, as she flat out refuses to help 90% of the time. Or only when the enemy health is around 20%.

I even made a jump-roof mini-house next to the eastern jungle Obo, so that I can faster jump/run down (even in the night):

I also made some worldbosses with her… PS4@ official PvE.

Day before last, I was on the path between the Well of Skellos and the Volcano exit. As I approached the exit, I got the notification that my thrall died following me. Then yesterday, I was exiting the Sunken City, about 30 seconds after I arrived on the beach on the main map, I got the same notification. All enemies were dispatched both times, there was absolutely no reason for them to perish. The first one had on godbreaker attire, the second had my silent legion gear, both had legendary weapons and 250 lasting meals. No bodies to be seen, so could not recover any gear. Both bearers were lvl 20, and both were obtained through purges, 1 from a lvl 4 purge, the other from a lvl 5.

I clear out most areas solo, using my thralls as simple mules, not as “meat shields”.

Further: I have allways been a strategy based person, in grade 2, I had to play chess against grade 8 players+ as nobody in my school would play me, at the age of 10 I played D&D with college players. I rolled 1942, Pac Man, Donkey Kong and others around the age of Commodore 64.

So…It’s not what “I’m” doing with my thralls, rather what is the “game” doing with my thralls.

2 Likes

Well, running to or back from the Well of Skelos is always dangeours… Did you run out to the Dragonmouth passage?

And Sunken City was reported from other users, to kill thralls offscreen…

Are you playing on an official server or singlepalyer?

Single player. Leaving the Volcano through the Western exit, this is the path that has lava on both sides, and an empty dungeon between the WoS and Volcano exit. No jumping over lava required.

That’s interesting - thank you. I’ve not yet bothered leveling up a pet yet because their stats are so low. But now you’ve got me thinking I should un thaw some of top beasties I’ve got in the cooler.

I haven’t leveled a Sabertooth yet, but my greater bear is hands down better than any other animal that I have ever trained.

Hi @Maddconan, welcome to the forums and thank you for your report, can you confirm that this issue happened during an online session?

I recognize the wisdom of the @jot29, but I’m not quite sure I think your statement is entirely correct as to thrall attributes being ‘different’ due to their class. For example, I have a 20 Dalinsia who has strength 45+6 (melee damage bonus 42%); agility 19+6; vitality 51 (12,159 hp - she’s indestructible); accuracy 14 (who cares?); & survival 17+8. However, she does not chew up NPCs nearly as fast as my Janos at strength 58+12 (melee bonus 57%) nor my alleged “archer” Dina whose strength at level 15 is already 56+12. Of course all noted thralls are in the same armor (flawless barbarian I believe, for the strength buff) and weapon - Sword of Crom.
I believe the strength attribute with its related melee % is the MAIN factor in determining how hard your tag along thug hits what you want him/her to kill. So I tend to break a variety of archer/fighter thralls & look at the % growth chance. Since that varies from around 52% to 76% (or even a bit higher) for strength, I only train the thralls that have the highest growth probability for things like strength & less for accuracy, etc.
I had a maxed Dina with strength 68+12 (80!!!) who was a bloody chainsaw against all contenders, but her HP was only about 3100 - she died. That’s the down side of such ‘selective breeding’. I’ve found a handful of named bearers that have 40% growth chance in all 5 attributes… but a few have better specs for strength, agility so they get trained.
That’s been my experience over all, not sure if others have noticed the same.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.