Living first-men village half deserted

There’s a living first-men village in the ash lands biomes that is half deserted. There are very few NPC spawns with most of the no-build space in there being empty.

Edit: After further gameplay, both The Triune Grave and Duskholme feel underwhelming in comparison with the Blood Mines. The number of NPCs in these locations representing the army of the first-men should be adressed as well as their combat difficulty (health, damage should be increased drastically).

1 Like

I think the game is having some issues with NPCs not spawning or not spawning right away in many places on the map.

1 Like

I know what you’re saying. I’ve spent a good 30min in that village exploring on foot with NPC spawn multiplier set at 0.1. The upper part of the village has very few spawns, nearly not enough for such a big village. The lower part where I took the screenshot on fly mode has absolutely no NPC spawn, no chests, but it is a no-build area.
I know the NPC spawns are not bugged because the NPCS that do exist there in the upper village, spawn under a minute.

2 Likes

Is this singleplayer or server ?
Did you leave the range, and come back to see if they spawn ? I know, in singleplayer it may work, worth a test.

1 Like

I did try that too. No NPC spawns in the lower area, let alone some chests for looting.

2 Likes

Just checked, and yes the camp is empty, but it looks bit intentional to me in a way.
They simply may all be dead. There are lot bones, skelletons, some are floating, and should be moved bit down. :grin:

Also there is a dead habitant in a house, by the fire.

Edit: need these houses absolutely, i think i may take the village over. :rofl:

1 Like

The Triune Grave, which you tested yourself as well, alongside Blood Mines and Duskholme are 3 major camps where Living First-Men are found, with their capital The Fractured CItadel. It feels like these NPCs abandoned their outposts to regroup in their capital, leaving these locations to be populated by a scheleton crew.

PS: The village is a no-build area. Nice try though, because I was thinking the same thing. :smiley:

1 Like

Right, tried set up a torch to see, but you’re not allowed to build. So clearly a npc domain.
But no skelletons at sight, only broken ones on the floor, or slighty floating.

Nice addition could be that skelletons would just spawns at some times, night or so, and of course during the melstroem.

1 Like

Hey @GodlyVoice , @Bodin and @Vattende

We’ve sent note to the team to spice up these locations. And also to look into any possible issues preventing NPCs to spawn in listen servers. We’ve also received a similar report by @Multigun about this issue that could be causing these areas to look so empty.

Thanks again to all of you for trying out 2.4 and sending us your feedback and reports. <3

1 Like