Make Conan's Royal Armor & Atlantean Sword Available As DLC

They never took away the preorder bonus. Nothing happened to it.

The bonus to the preorder is the sword. I wasn’t around during that timing so I didn’t get the sword, but did they say that preorderers were the only ones to have the sword? Look if they had advertised that it was exclusive rights, then I’m on your side. But if they never said that, you don’t really have a leg to stand on.

I bought a second copy of Conan Exiles, a Day One edition just to get the sword. I’d like to get a copy of the armour too but I’m not sure how to.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that’s possible any more, unfortunately.

Depends on your interpretation, I suppose, but it was announced as “pre-order DLC”, with the sword for physical copies, and the armor for early-access/digital preorders.

But that’s me paraphrasing, the actual wording is:

Personally, I read that as the sword/armor being classified as “pre-order DLC”, and by extension that the only way to get it is to get your hands on the requisite edition of the game. With the edition that provided the armor not being available any more.

For what it’s worth, that was definitely also the general community consensus at the time (and I dare say still is, though there are of course those who want to change that). I believe it was also announced (perhaps in a stream?) at the time that the sword would not be made available as a DLC item, but I couldn’t find the source for that.

Interesting. There is certainly some wiggle room there for different interpretation. I can really see why there are two sides to this argument.

On the one hand, If something was offered exclusively (and I’m not saying that this necessarily was the case) to early access buyers, then it wouldn’t seem right to later offer it to others (possibly as a paid DLC). On the other hand, as someone who wasn’t aware of the existence of the game until after the official release, and who has also bought all DLC to date, I can also understand how it could be frustrating to have an item in the game that you will forever be unable to create.

Out of interest @Bryan_Skull, what price if any (in $US), would you consider acceptable for a DLC that included the pre-order bonuses?

1 Like

The sword was for physical copy and the armor was for digital copy for each preordee.

Omg, did you guys just pour petrol on a fire?
This debate over nothing is now just going to get worse… :exploding_head:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.