Map Room lost...bug?

Game mode: Online | PVE (Server 3017)
Problem: Bug
Region: Germany

Hey dear support

A few days ago I finally built a Map room and left the game. After 2 days I logged in and the map room wasnt there anymore. :frowning:
Between the built of the map room and the relog was the update. Before yesterday?

Is it a bug? Did I do anything wrong? My account in the game is the same as here.

Steps on how to reproduce issue:

Was it placed on a foundation? And/or very near to your base? Couldā€™ve been the decay timerā€¦ Had it happen myself, even though it was very near to the other parts of my baseā€¦ Since then, ive placed them on foundations. Havent lost one since :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

I havent placed it on foundations. Is this a problem? And its near my houseā€¦mybe 10 blocks away.

Do buildings disappear if not built on a foundation?

Well, it can be the problem, because that sounds just like what happened to usā€¦
I suspect the game registers the map room as a ā€œfloating objectā€, I think itā€™s been called, in that itā€™s not directly connected to the rest of your base, and so (since itā€™s also technically furniture) it has a shorter decay timerā€¦ Hence, it disappears quite quicklyā€¦

Iā€™m not sure this is the case though, but itā€™s what iā€™ve ā€œagreed with myselfā€ on it being, in my case :slight_smile: canā€™t see what else it can be really

1 Like

i have had a lot of stuff dissaper in the last 2 days. im also on a pie serverā€¦ says player objects are indestructibleā€¦ ive had things Iā€™ve just built gone and stuff i built a while ago still there

I built a t3 map room building placed a map. Next day building is there but no map! Wtf?