Me Conan need new strategy

What I’m doing isn’t working. I’m at lvl 53 running SP

I enter the city and immediately I’m attacked by the various bandits and prowlers.

If I stand my ground, I’m overrun.

But if I run its worse, because they trigger aggro on ALL npc’s. So when I try to fight one or two prowlers and I want to withdraw and regroup: suddenly eight npc’s are trying to murder me.

I’ve used a thrall to help, it only prolongs the inevitable.
I’ve tried sticking to the rooftops and lobbing bombs but they don’t do nearly enough damage and have accuracy comparable to a drunken monkey flinging its own poo.

Because I’m on the PlayStation, switching weapons or activating healing items in combat is borderline suicidal, never mind if you actually need to access your inventory. Which means that if you try to capture a thrall, you usually wind up trying (and failing) to bludgeon the entire lot.

I’m running flawless Dark templar heavy armor and either an atlantean two handed sword modded for damage or a khopesh with same.

If anyone could either please tell me what I’m doing wrong or offer their own strategies that would be great.

Because I’m this close to writing off that entire damned city and thrall hunting elsewhere for tier 4.

Thank you!

I’ve spent time there actually trying to farm thralls. Can’t seem to find the t4’s but I’ll try again.

right behind the place where prowlers r is water… u can always run this direction and find safe in water…
in time some will loose aggro… u can then exit and farm the remaining 2-3(for example that will loose aggro last ) i prefer killing the archers 1st…

rinse and repeat… also helps if u use a weapon with hyperarmour (like axe or warhammer ) that cannot be stopped…

1 Like

I know the location you’re talking about. Died there a few times. You’re absolutely right about the water escape I’ve used it. What’s been happening is that I can’t kill them fast enough. I wind up needing to run and they get all their hp back.

I hadn’t thought of using sunder though. I plan on making my t4 warrior a warhammer and either augment to be lighter for more speed or heavier for more damage.

By the way, can you change a lethal weapon to non lethal with that blunt enhancement? Or put two enhancements on the same item?

Thanks!

1 Like

no u cannot change a weapon to a blunt type dmg and keep it effective as a blunt tool…

btw can u share some more details about what ur build and what armour and weapons u use?
maybe i could help by pointing out what u need to have on u and how to react… i kill those alone with no thrall in a fighter build , but must adapt to picking one at a time on hmy harvester build…

some more info (like ur level , ur attributes and ur weapons and armour would help to point some stuff that could try to make things easier to u

1 Like

Sure. I’m running pve solo, I’m level 53. I’ve poured all my points into str, vit and endurance unlocking level 3 perks.

I’ve access to all dlc except the riddle of steel. I’ve got 4 named fighters at my disposal.

So I’m happy to try any combination of arms & armour, I have no preference.

even though what @chaoruk said is true and will help u i spent some time making a video and analyzing the way i am doing it… keep in mind that i am on my harvester build (as i wanted to show u that can be done despite the levels seperating our characters… ).

the herbal tea along with derketo feast will give u a massive bonus at the state consoles r now , but upon new patch this will change , so do not overinvest in herbal tea or aloe soup…

my FIGHTER build is like that :

and my gear is thisQ

wearing : executioners hood , redeemed silent legion chest , redeemed silent legion hands, arena champions pants and hyborean slaver boots

the gear is old yog touch (or axe of the lion) both with spiked fitting on it, black bruarghs shield , dagon daggers , and croms hammer , i use derketo feast (the one u see is lasting feast used for causal raids -like clearing new asgaard) and ambrosia… i always carry my truncheon and rope with me and lastly my torch…

i also use alcohol to get drunk (u can also achieve the same effect by using directly 10 crimson lotus dust) and immediattelly set potion so i remove all debuffs . this adds +3 to strenght and +3 to vitality which i find way better than tattoos as it way less costly… and for encumbrance i use a simple elixir of numbing (+3 encumbrance)

feel free to ask anything u like

1 Like

if u r intersted te harvester build i use for the video is this :

and the gear i wear is this

the aquilonian medium helmet , the poitain chest and pants the yamatai demon hands and the redeemed silent legion boots

as gear i have only dragon bone axe and dragon bone shield (for my harvester i carry the shield of zawbeth as with the +5 survival i hit the hard worker perk, but for the video i chosen a craftable shield. and the snakebite daggers …

once again feel free to ask anything u like

EDIT : had to bring video down due to poor quality and sound! i am sorry for this! will try to edit it with captions…

“I also use alcohol to get drunk (u can also achieve the same effect by using directly 10 crimson lotus dust) and immediately set potion so i remove all debuffs . this adds +3 to strength and +3 to vitality which i find way better than tattoos as it way less costly”

This was the only thing I didn’t understand.

What is the purpose of getting drunk? The endurance buff? Doesn’t it make combat more difficult?
What potion do you use to remove all debuffs? Bleeding damage is my Bane and wraps don’t always work fast enough.
I haven’t experimented with tattoos yet but it sounds useful.

Thank you for all the help!

In game, I mean. I’ve grasped the point of getting drunk out in the real world. :tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass::tumbler_glass:

10 pieces of alcohol or crimson lotus dust (the cheapest way) will give u +3 str and +3 vitality for an hour… comes pretty handy to get ur character drunk before fights… has also a lot of debuffs so use a set potion to insta-remove all before u proceed to the actual fight…

1 Like

Ah, got it now. Looks like I better start construction on an altar to Set and finding a priest thrall for it. I’ve been neglecting religion in this game (aside from constructing an altar to Ymir because if its good enough for the Jotuun it’s good enough for me) because I’m not familiar with the benefits.

this is a great advice… given the changes that will follow

keep in mind that buffs from rare fish , potions/elixirs and tattoos do not stack…

i find a total waste of time crafting a tattoo (other than the journey step ofc) when u can tp to mounds with asicle and gather more than 100 lotus flowers in under 2 mins… place flowers in grinder and u will get ur crimson lotus dust… just chew 10 at a time followed by a set potion and u got ur self the cheapest and fastest way to get +3 str and vit for ur next hour… also keep in mind that when u die both buffs from drunkness and tattoo fade away…

1 Like

Good news is that I’ve got myself a t4/named armour already, so I’ve been crafting flawless armour (at least until 2.3 drops and they do away with that on console).

But I tend to craft all my gear, I don’t go hunting for a specific piece usually. Sounds like I may need to revise this strategy.

I’ve spent time at Muriela’s Hope and learnt the emote from the priestess there, but I’ve not constructed any altars to anyone but Ymir.

and stay away from rottenbranches…

XD

2 Likes

“also keep in mind that when u die both buffs from drunkenness and tattoo fade away…”
I was assuming that the drunk effects would cease upon death, but the tattoo buffs as well? I assumed that the boost was permanent given that it’s a tattoo.

when 2.3 drops the falwless armour will be not repairable… so do not craft a lot… better focus on the harvester build to get some items that u will struggle a lot more to get after the patch…

for me if u wanna master the game u will need EVERY recipe available… so also invest on exploring… at lvl 55 u will learn star metal tools which unlocks all high end recipes in game… (not able to craft some till u hit 60) but u can have the feat ready… so take advantage of this… invest in learning and then in gathering the required stuff… a legendary thing that can replace executioners hood is also helm of the brute (drops from Unnamed City undead bosses) so seek alternatives… the goal to the attributes is to save through gear the most points u can from the highest attribute u spend… there is no absolute build in pve… its what makes u move better and u define it… so feel free to experiment… i would point u to focus on learning recipes (as they give u options) and will also point u to another thread… u may wanna read it so the new patch wont hit u in the guts…

link here VV

1 Like

i would prefer derketo over set solelly for the feast option… the food is god like as it tends to boost significantly ur stamina regen and upon new patch heals a lot 17hp per sec…

i find set usefull only for snake arrows (as a help from newbies) and the potions…

also do not underestimate yogs tenderizer in new patch (especially crafted by a confessor thrall) the mace packs a big punch and has great pen also making it really borderline OP in pve…

1 Like