Mesh overlapping/ shapeshifting

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: Europe
Mods?: No
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

Climbing a shapeshifting Rhinohorn Ridge or getting to knees under a rocky floor are just some of the issues. I do not dare to build anything.

Installed Mods:

If you answered ‘Yes’ to using mods, please list all your active mods. Otherwise, skip or delete this section.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Climb the Rhinohorn Ridge
  2. Enjoy
  3. Mend it
1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for your report.

Could you please share a picture of this issue?

Here are three of them. The shapeshifting is more evident in a video. It also happens in many other places.

1 Like

Something definately happened. Last year I only witnessed this around the border of the cimmerian area and the savannah area. Now it is almost everywhere, where bigger (bigger than a rock you can harvest) rock formations are. IF I remember correctly, there was a cut in texture/texture streaming quality to gain performance, probably that’s the culprit? Because it is noticeable everywhere even in mods (Savage Wilds).

1 Like

Thank you for the additional information. We’ll ask our team to take a look.

Have a great week! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are many many MANY places in the SE Jungle like this. The map clearly seems unfinished in that area especially.

Besides the SE Jungle, many of the higher peaks also suffer from this misaligned player-clip and/or vertex-normal smoothing errors. (on official servers - so no mods are responsible).

unknown

Clipboarder.2022.03.30

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.