Mission chest reward scaling

From a few runs of seasonal mission rewards, loot chests seem to scale pretty well in proportion to effort. Some examples below:

E5

E10

I haven’t done a lot of “on tier” content on live, does this look about right to those of you with more experience of endgame?

Yep, that’s my experience with E17 chests, albeit bigger distillates of course. Pretty nice.

1 Like

Do they now have a special loot table and not copy “glyph mostly” setup from faction missions? This is a bit sad - I always try to level my glyphs/signets first, as otherwise I feel that my IP grows faster than my performance.

I think seasonal missions on live are just equal to faction missions, so 3 glyphs, 1 talisman/weapon up to E10. With a rng chance of a 4th glyph. Then 3+1, and 1 smaller talisman/weapon above E10 which has IME sorta weird values (on E13 it’s anywhere from 2000-4000).

The actual numbers are only adjusted for E10+ - on live is always 4000, now it’s 4000-4200 for E10 and +400 each step upward. So the change for E5 is 4-5 distillates -> always 5.

I hate scenarios so much that I got to near E10 without really having glyphs other than the single hit rating one (made of lair distillates) and it worked out ok for me, my IP didn’t feel unreasonable but I probably self-healed less well than an evenly leveled player what with less crit. Once they added faction missions I grinded them out to catch glyphs up to the rest. If they go ahead with this change then I’m gonna stop leveling glyphs again I guess.

testlive-intodarkness
They removed the glyph distillates from all missions, not just seasonal. This is E17 Into Darkness loot.

S&P scenarios are literally loot pinatas for glyphs now though.

That’s one of those ‘It’s about time,’ issues. S&P, faction missions and OD have been terribly overloaded with glyph distillates; making them unappealing if you need to farm up anything BUT glyphs. And then the only good option is hoping you can get in a competent dungeon group, a regional farm, and the less ideal lair run. These rewards look much better.

That’s fine for people who play scenarios, but there just is no amount of distillate loot that would entice me to enter S&P again. The only way I’m going back in is for unique stuff like the green jinn gauntlets. My main character in SWL has 3 clears on E10 s&p - one each, got the cosmetics, never playing it again. I begrudgingly played them in TSW cause they were the only profitable endgame content but in SWL they don’t even have that.

If they’re changing faction missions, make them level your gear evenly - 50% glyphs, 50% tali/weapons (with a skew towards talis, ie 3 glyphs 2 talis 1 weapon, same as dungeons do about a 2:1 ratio) That way someone who plays all 3 of dungeons, scenarios, and faction missions gets balanced loot, and someone who only does the solo stuff, or only group stuff, gets a decent amount of both.

with faction missions, OD, S&P, seasonal missions (including that cheap infinitely repeatable valentine instance), we get disproportionately more glyph distillates than other kinds, so this would be a welcome change.

This “imbalance” is a non-problem since you always need more glyph distillates. Every other piece of solo stuff (like event megabosses, Kaidan containers and agent system) gives mostly talisman/weapon distillates with glyph/signet ones being a small minority. Which means, as a casual player, when you eventually get to reds after 3 years, your glyphs/signets become much slower at levelling, that lvl 20 red hit rating is absolutely excruciating.
Doing 3 S&P scenarios a day (is really boring since nobody is there to run them in duo) gives you 9 glyph distillates. Using faction and seasonal missions to supplement that was very nice, especially since I can reliably run them on a higher level than I can scenarios.

Definitely this, as a mostly solo player. Signets for me are the worst as I’ve done literally 2 lairs in SWL since the guild I was in left the game. I didn’t know that they were in Faction missions in live. Most of what I got were from the auction house (or PVP rewards IIRC when Shambala is poppin’).

More signet/glyph drops are good for me.

1 Like

You do? I don’t. My glyphs were maxed out long before anything else (my signets still aren’t) and I have plenty of maxed spares in the bank.

To be clear, faction missions on Live do not give signet distillates.
I think LexXxich was talking about supplementing glyph levelling from S&P with faction and seasonal missions.

A lot comes down to what content you regularly do. If you’re mostly doing group content, and using all your dungeon keys daily on your highest elite bracket, then you will level your talis and weapons up. If you’re mostly doing solo content, with scenarios and faction missions, that’ll level your glyphs up. If you don’t do lairs daily, your signets will be slow to level.

1 Like