Occult Defence loot rework feedback

With the improvements to OD I was kind of disappointed to see the removal of signet distillates.

After doing wave 33 to 43 and only receiving distillates more commonly for glyphs felt kind of lackluster compared to the alternative. With the S&P rework to update the distillates received, the time investment is better spent there since you also get catalysts and a little over half the distillates for a third of the time. This feels great for S&P and on par with the other reworked content. However I feel OD should still have that little extra push to help the signets a bit even though I understand that regionals and lairs have had their distillates standardized for that purpose. People still regularly do lairs and regionals so I do not see the harm in still having one or two signet distillates drop in OD.

Perhaps you could do, say, 3 waves to be eligible for one (guaranteed) or two(lucky kind of how it is now) signet distillates. This seems like a fair time investment. After all OD is an activity that people do for both glyph and signet distillates currently. In the end it should have the reward equal to the time investment of the alternative. Even if you get a mix of both glyph and signet.

5 Likes

On that note OD is currently the only solo content that rewards signet distillates. Unless I’m forgetting something. That alone is a good reason to find some middle ground for allowing them to drop.

4 Likes

Scenarios are where you go for glyph distillates, there is literally zero need for them to ever drop signet distillates since those are beyond trivial to obtain.

I disagree. OD and the faction missions have been my primary source of signet distillates for some time. Taking that away isn’t going to make it any more likely for me to join lair runs.

5 Likes

Yet in the A balancing Act discussion you say this:

This is something that helps alleviate the grind for these especially with the new scaling. So I do not understand why you would be against it. OD was a good place for a mix of everything you mainly got glyph stuff but you got a decent amount of signet xp out of it and even weapon and tali xp. By your current logic in this thread you are saying they should revert the change of also including tali and weapon distillates in scenarios as well. That was a change that was welcomed a while back with open arms.

1 Like

When can you get signet distillates in faction missions? Mine are 3-4x glyph, 2x tali+weapon

I don’t care if you join lair runs or not?

The solution to the insane amount of grinding you need to do to get +0.01% on a red signet is to lower the amount of xp needed, not make it take even longer to get +0.01% on a red glyph :v:

Obviously the ideal solution would be distillates that could be used for either signets or glyphs (or a way to specify what you’re levelling in the upgrade window) but that’s not on the table.

And with this new system and style of distillates that are available it cuts that insane grind down quite a bit nearly halves it with the new scaling of distillates as you are basically getting nearly two times the distillate exp you were on normal distillates. That is excluding the hybrid distillates that have special effects on them. Those make it that much faster. And by having OD has the general catch all activity that gives you a mixed bag of everything is helpful to everyone and does not seem to negatively effect the other activities at least from what I see in game. Maybe Funcom has data that says otherwise and is a reason for this change, but from observation it doesn’t look like it has a negative effect.

Also since the point I was trying to make was somewhat overlooked I’ll try to be more clear. Their is currently a solo means of obtaining every type of distillate except for signet distillates. I also don’t really care how people decide to play the game.
But I do think it’s in funcoms best interest to give players that enjoy leveling there glyphs without being required to join lair content or wait on the occasional mega bosses an opportunity to do so.

1 Like

I agree. And OD did this fairly well with its mixed bag of rewards.

Also another note for the topic:
I realize I am looking at this from a higher elite point of view, but that is when you really start looking to branch out into other builds. So it makes sense that the high elites offer the juicy rewards to speed up what was once a “long” grind. Which with these changes to the distillates and how the dungeon tiers work, will be very much sped up compared to what we have now.

Also removing something like the signet distillates will overall just feel bad for the player especially since it was in the game for so long and was used as a solo or small man activity to get that little bit extra.

What about this? I had a thing in my inventory last time beta was open. It had no icon, just a black box with a yellow outline. I right-clicked it to see what it was and now it’s on my health bar. Where did it come from, and do they have these for signets?

I kept posting this in the wrong sections somehow.

1 Like

Honestly I have had some discussions of something like that with cabal mates a while back sometime last year if I remember correctly. Having something like that would be interesting if you wanted to focus on a specific portion of your gear.

I don’t even know where it came from lol. Maybe it’s a thing we’ll be getting.

Possibly maybe one of them suggested it. I honestly can not remember since it was a while back. Would be a cool thing to customize your leveling strat for what you need/want. Obviously the amount would vary and probably be on the lower end or there would be different ranked ones that gave for example 6/12/18. Just random numbers to give an example.

Or it could possibly be something they are thinking about doing with the keys. Since they still want the keys to be used for something just not sure yet or ready to share publicly yet.

Did you come in on first beta opening? I think I got this on the second day. Hopefully someone else will have it and know what it is.

Yes, but I was there the first day just make sure things were ready to test NYR E17 on that on that Sunday so wasn’t logged in on Saturday as I had other things to do. So probably didn’t get one since I did not log in.

Perhaps you could start a thread about proposing an item like that on live if you have not already. Would be great feedback/suggestion even if it isn’t made for this particular patch.

Distillates shifters were intended to be mainly buyable with Aurum. They might get available elsewhere in the future too though.

Back on topic: it still does suck to have signet distillates simply getting removed from OD completely. It’s not even that they’ve got replaced by other types of distillates, it’s just that they simply got removed. At the very least, if the intention is to put signet distillates elsewhere, at least, make OD drop more distillates overall of other types. I’ve been saying it multiple times already, but anything short of 2 distillates per additional wave, and OD will simply be less efficient than S&P per time spent, and the latter is mindnumbingly easy & boring.

3 Likes

OD was my primary source of signet distillates, I don’t have time to wait for someone to summon Mega Bosses or to run lairs.
Running 3x wave 21 wasn’t eating too much time and it was perfect solution.
So, for me, without signet distillates there is no point in doing OD at all.

4 Likes

I’ve played solo in every MMORPG I’ve played so far, while doing group content sporadically. I’ve been farming OD for signet distillates for a long time now. What’s the reason behind this change, am I supposed to start doing lairs on daily basis? Not gonna happen :frowning:

1 Like

I have to agree with the above responses that I use OD for both glyph distillates and signet distillates. Additionally the faction missions are for the talisman distillates and weapon distillates, in addition to the glyph distillates. It is a grind, but it all serves a definite purpose in improving my builds.

1 Like