Molten Heart - Fuel or something else

Yes. You can get them in some purges around the centre of the isle or if you’re an admin and enable “Siege Elder Things” for the server they’ll show up to attack large bases in the maelstrom.

How long does it burn?

So what happens now that people can build within the Maelstrom.

To lure 3 skull bosses to farm greater ??? you had to have a 410+ building piece structure leading into the storm.

How does it work now?

According to patch notes they don’t spawn anymore so how do you find them?

" * The Storm now deals no damage to structures and spawns no Siege Monsters within by default."

On official servers? Purges are your only option.

So if you want Greater Elder Things you need to farm the regular critters in the Maelstrom, take their Unstable ???s (use a sickle!) and use the convergence trap to trigger a purge. Hopefully you’ll get a purge that includes a big demon.

Or you find a private server that has Siege Elder Things enabled and enjoy a lot less grinding.

1 Like

I’m on official.

But that seems an extraordinarily slow way to farm greater ??? and recipes etc considering purges could be any number of different enemies.

Earlier I could build into the storm and kill over 20 each time.

Could you explain how triggering or avoiding a purge works with essences? I have some lesser and unstable but also a few hundred greater. I also heard there’s shining ??? or sth as well.

So many questions eh, sorry bud :sweat_smile:

You put 200 Lesser ???s into a convergence trap to zero your purge bar.
You put 200 Unstable ???s into the trap to trigger a purge. You need to have a large enough base to attract the purge (92+ pieces) and it needs to be inside the purge window on your server. The purge should turn up and target the trap.

The next thing to figure out is where to put the trap as you get different purges on different areas of the map. So if you want Larger Elder Things in order to try and get the items from them, your going to be triggering purges around the tower.

You can get Greater ???s (converts to 50 swirling chaos each) from the Larger Elder Things and occasionally you can get Shining ???s which are worth 100 swirling chaos each.

2 Likes

Wow, perfect explanation, thanks mate! :+1:

sorry. bad english

yes. you r right. i got that word from google translate.

it is my native language and I’m terrible with it :slight_smile:

1 Like

cringe :smile:

Holy crap! Let me get this straight: the 2.3 update incentivizes building large bases around the Tower? And nobody on the team thinks that might cause any problems on PVE(-C) servers?!

:man_facepalming:

1 Like

The tower region is the highest level area and the highest rewards, at least for now. Much like EL map did, as the Siptah map expands, I am confident they will make another high level zone in the expansion.

I did try to start a conversation around Maelstrom config back in Testlive but didn’t seem many folks were interested. One of the things I mentioned though was how to limit base sizes around the tower.

TL;DR: they already have a mechanism in the game that they can switch on to control this if it becomes a problem.

1 Like

I wish I hadn’t missed that thread, you made some excellent points there and it would’ve been fun to discuss it.

The mechanism is there, but from Funcom’s track record so far, I’m willing to bet that they won’t activate it on official servers. There would be a rather big outcry from the players if they let people invest time and effort into building massive bases around the Tower and then activated an option that smashes those bases to bits. It looks more like something that they left for the private servers, single-player and co-op.

Or maybe I’m just a pessimist. I guess we’ll just have to wait and see how it turns out.

nothing like logging in to see your base in pieces. There is a mod I really like “Half stability roof pieces” that solves a lot of my problems with making larger rooms that don’t have center supports. On my EL server, I used it extensively for my bases, all over the map. Unfortunately, that mod doesn’t work with 2.3, so when I spun up my EL server without the mod… Nearly everything was destroyed. Helllloooo backup restore :slight_smile: If that mod never updates, I’m pretty much hosed.

Long story to say… “heck no do base smashing!”
But, I can rebuild. I’ll just reload the mod, loot everything, then remove mod and let it all get destroyed.

3 Likes

Yeep! All the sandstone building spam is well in effect on my official server.

2 Likes

At least before this change it used to be a sandstone snake from outside the Maelstrom zone into the Maelstrom. Now there’s gonna be spam around the tower, nuking the wildlife spawns, and possibly lowering the FPS.

Hmm I don’t think so. Not the same as heart of a hero.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.