More weapon and shield variety, in the different "tiers"

I think it’d bring alot to the game, even if it is not outright a necessity, to have much more variety in shields and weapons… Iron and steel weapons have good variety, at least 2-3 different sword"types" in each tier, and i feel like it’d be great to have more… Steel cutlass and hardened steel both cutlass and falcata, as an example. Perhaps even iron, steel and hardened steel long & broadswords, with the ones there is now being broadsword(iron + hardened steel) and longsword(steel) instead… Overall, a more varied sword experience…
The same could be done with everything else, though i dont personally have a suggestion for those…

As for shields, more targes and perhaps smaller heater shields, sort of the size of the wooden and bone shield, but a much better tier. But overall, more “small” and rounded shields in every tier would be incredibly nice ^^

Of course only suggestions, but it’d be nice if the idea was looked at… Thanks for your time (whoever reads)

Edit: Came up with another thing… One handed spears, like javelins, but with a heavy attack instead of a throwing option…

I personally love the spear-and-shield combo, but it’s very limiting damage wise, when you don’t want to throw the javelin, and only want to use it for melee

Edit 2: Another suggestion (also sort of a work-in for the sorcery system, whenever it hopefully comes)
A new weapon type: Staves… I’m thinking that if it’s not supposed to be possible to fling fireballs and whatnot from your hand (perfectly fine by me), then would it perchance be lore friendly to fling lightning or fireballs from a staff? :stuck_out_tongue: have it as some sort of conduit for the magic…
I’m thinking they’ll work with the corruption, as in you for example use corruption somehow to actually build and repair them, and they of course have varying degrees of effectiveness (I.E adept, apprentice, master staves and such), like the different weapon tiers…

It’s all fair if people disagree, this is only a thought really :smiley:

2 Likes