Mother of all Patches PC Build 102943/18618 (05.07.2018)

I think they’ve learned their lesson with the big patches, expect smaller ones from here on.

Jsteamid and his neverending battle for XP…lol
don’t take it mean mate coz it’s not, i just can’t help smiling everytime i see you coming back to XP issues…

1 Like

I’ve seen the chest glitching in a lot of YT videos. The one other thing I notice in all these videos is that they are in a 1x high room.

I always build 2 walls high for my rooms and have not had this problem with the chests in those rooms… except in my store room, which has a 1x high ceiling.

Do your chests still glitch like that if placed on your roof or outside?

So many SNOWFLAKES, so few SNOWMEN

Lol because I like building pieces from hotbar, here in ConanExiles and also in Ark, and the fact that they did fix not being able to craft khitan building pieces via hotbar in previous patch, why did they bother fixing that if it doesn’t give exp. It’s just weird, it’s linked issues but they didn’t fix this one.

What you said makes sense, I’m going to try after typing this.

-edit-
This bug happens when the view is clipped by the camera at certain angle. So yeah 1x1 room seems to suffer heavily from flickering large chests, maybe because it’s clipped with the roof but the view is forcing to view under the roof. But since other structure or storage don’t have this problem, there must be something wrong with large chest in their codes.

Even though it happens less often in room with more height, it still happens which means the bug is still there.

i know mate, and you’re not the only one :smiley:

Due to damage I sustained in an injury at 29 I am pretty sensitive to this strobing. In fact, certain types of it can cause me to lose visual acuity, or accelerate a headache. I can say without any doubt it will happen regardless of ceiling height, or even presence of ceiling.

On one of my previous servers, my clanmate built a lot of chests, and all of them flickered. It seems when one flickers, all adjoining ones will too. If you place carefully, you can almost always avoid it. IMO this is serious enough that if it were possible, it would’ve been patched by now. Strobing is a very serious trigger for many people.

1 Like

Yep, i have flickering large chests in the open, i mean just on simple insulated wood foundations without any walls/ ceilings…etc, simply outdoor.
The angle of sight seems to play a role in this effect indeed. And most of the tiime, when i have a “flickering” chest, it’s near someting else, like an other chest, a crafting station or any kind of placeable.

I can definitely imagine what kind of trouble it could cause on people with visual impairment, since it makes my eyes feel bad everytime i look at one of these “flickering” chests…
This must be adressed.

2 Likes

It’s funny how Mother of all Patches still see those bugs as their kids LOL.

It’s like I see a cockroach in my kitchen and trying to talk to it instead of shooting it with a rubberband.

other idea after reading and looking at the pic above.

I don’t suffer realy much from this strobing chest bug. But it happens from to time, and depending the chest. A have a particular one in my main-base doing it, just looked at it today.

What i did see, that on the pic, and each mal when i see this flickering thingy a staircase is nearby, at least in my games. Need further tests here to be sure.

But cliping camera seems be a part of it to. Depending where i’m placed, and turn the cam, when the chest get cut by the camera and the chest is only partially visisible the flickering starts mostly.
But mine are in similar position near and under a stairway in the most case, like in the picture in the post just above.

I’m sure if i set-up a special buidl, staircase/chest for testing purpose right now, all my chests will behave very smart, and nothing witll show up ! :laughing:
Anyway, let’s test and track down !

besides… when does the taming update be released?

Hopefully no time soon, I’d rather they fix everything else first mate.

2 Likes

No, they need to fix their fixes, first!

2 Likes

am building an entire castle just to house some dragons, aptly named it drangleic castle :rofl:

2 Likes

Oh man, that must be a depressing place… I hope your character isn’t named Nashandra :smile:

Star Metal has become almost non existent . Please fix the issue with it. I’m on a Official Server and it’s no longer dropping or just despawning.

I fear I wont find that thread right now, but it has been confirmed that one needs to be in range of rendering for those nodes to actually spawn in.

Looks like this may have just been fixed.