Mount's - Non Speed Boost Edition. (work around)

Think of a horse with a wagon. Slow, heavy, burdened.

It is just to carry stuff, or provide some other non game breaking benefit. (Perhaps acts as an obelisk/map room) but can warp you back to a stable instead. Rules apply.

Thoughts. If you provide a critique, please also try to provide thoughts on a solution?

1 Like

I think we’d be stepping into vehicle territory. Could multiple people ride one wagon and the first guy be the designated driver or something. Hmm…

1 Like

From a RP perspective that would be great. Would love to cart the wife around with me while I go mine some ore.

I would love just the cosmetics of it, but if it came with benefits of some sort, fantastic.

Over encumbered passenger can ride with you at normal speed. A simple, but appreciated benefit. One man drives, a passenger (or two or three) run about harvesting until everyone is ready for the trip home.

Many benefits could be incorporated into “mounts” without even considering a speed buff.

Example.

Rolling re-spawn point. It could be an additional save point, like a bed or fiber roll. Just so you don’t have to keep picking up a roll and or placing a new one as you travel around in dangerous territory.

Example.

Siege wagon. Could block some archer fire while you work your way through the walls of an enemies base, or have a miniature catapult/ballista on it. Think of a battering ram, back it up to an enemy base and thump on the gate a little.

Example.

Trade wagon. Load it up with goods, allow for the trade of X for X. You set the prices. Wood for Stone. (X) for Gold Coins. You travel from base to base trading away your resources. All through a window interface of the wagon. No more dropping bags or being “scammed”.

Example.

Gypsy/Dancer wagon. Just a fancy canival type mash up of trinkets and incense and music. Complete with a thrall slot (or two) for a complete experience. Provides user with mobile, durable buff for entertainment/healing purposes.

Fun to think of the possibilities, even if the chances are remote, could always inspire a dev to get creative in that direction.

Here’s to hoping!

1 Like

i usually believe wat devs have to say, but in this case i’m 100% sure there “no mount” additude is pure lazyness and a money problem, many open world “even with bigger worlds” have mounts and it does not give the game problems, then again that game may be coded better. so in other words, they can’t do it because they skipped on quallity coding so now mounts are virtual impossible :confused: or atleast “costly” to add propper.
not saying funcom are or has bad coders, just saying they probably opted for a faster dev time and so skipped on “good” coding. ohwell things that bite your “sitting area” when you skip stuff in life.

and face it, so wat if the world will load in slower because we ride a bull to fast, or horse or rhino…
oh and seriously, in admin mode at many times the normal speed, the game runs just fine on my rig, the world does not load in to late at all, so that’s why i don’t believe the devs, and think its probably a money type of issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.