Multiplayer issue: Other players can close crafting stations you’re accessing (Vol II)

This issue is still present in the current version of Conan. Originally reported on May 19th. Reposting with permission.

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug

Reproducible bug. Depending on the order of players that access a crafting station’s inventory, one of the players closing the inventory can close the inventory for the other player(s) looking at it, too. This issue has been present for 5+ months at least, so wasn’t caused by a recent patch. Animals, thralls and containers seem unaffected.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Get another player in any online session.
  2. Have player 1 open the inventory of a crafting station.
  3. Have player 2 open the same crafting station.
  4. Now have player 1 close this inventory/station. Player 2 gets kicked out of it also.
    (note: In this situation, if player 2 closes the inventory instead, it remains open for player 1/unaffected)

Is this in Co-op or on official server?

I only tested this on dedicated servers. I’ve never used the tethered co-op mode (actually I forget it even exists sometimes), but I’d be interested to hear from anyone inclined to check if the issue is present there as well.

Dedicated meaning modded, private servers?

No, dedicated meaning an unmodded dedicated server as downloaded and automatically updated by the official Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher, which is available in another forum post over here:

Conan Exiles Dedicated Server Launcher (Official Version: 1.2.5 / Beta: 1.3.1)

And unless Funcom is maintaining a different version of their dedicated servers they use for official servers (highly unlikely), there shouldn’t be any difference in behavior between public or private servers unless mods are involved or default server settings changed.

I am assuming this is within the same clan?

If so was the workbench in question already present when person #2 was invited to the clan? Or is this reproducable with every single workbench and with the same effect?

Hey @Daedalon

Thanks for the heads-up, we’ll send note to our team so they can look into it.

Always happens. Replicated in test cases:
) Crafting station already existed in world.
) Crafting station newly placed in world.
) Newly placed station by clanmate.
) Two clanless players.
) One player in clan, one without clan.
) Both players in same clan.

Happens with various crafting stations, including but not limited to Blacksmith’s Bench, Bonfire, Campfire, Carpenter’s Bench, Compost Heaps, Crude Planter, Firebowl Cauldron, Fish Traps, Furnace, Improved versions and so on.

Objects that function purely as containers (e.g. Chests, Feed Boxes) where no automatic or manual crafting takes place are unaffected.

I cannot even use a workbench that is not belonging to my clan. I assume you have PvP set to “on” then? And I don’t have this issue at all with any container or workbench within any interaction within my clan.

So maybe it IS a dedicated server issue.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.