Multiple Crashes that result in CPU freezingb or hard rebooting

Game mode: Online and Single Player
Type of issue: Crash
Server type: PvP
Region: None Specific

First I get a crash that results in the Send report to FunCom dialog, and I send it. Then I get
a crash where I don’t get that dialog and see the following in my Event Viewer -

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0x00000000
Fault offset: 0x0000000000000000
Faulting process id: 0xf94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d444c49f3f0dfe
Faulting application path: bad_module_info
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 77b94581-38a2-4991-af53-3708befa7d56
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

When I get a 3rd crash (which results in another event viewer entry and no send error report dialog) my computer locks up or hard reboots (no windows blue screen or anything, system just locks up completely).

Machine Specs -

Intel Core i7 6800k
32GB DDR 3200 RAM
GeForce 1080 Ti (latest drivers - 24.21.13.9907
Samsung Evo 1TB SSD

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

No steps to reproduce, I just play the game and this loop happens every hour or two.

Any mods?

Nope. Happens in Single Player without mods as well.

For what it’s worth, this is from Funcom’s customer staff wing (not related to development). Maybe you can find something helpful in there? Linky

I’ve had several hard crashes since the latest few patches as well. I thought it might be a computer issue, but it only seems to happen while playing Conan Exiles. Most of the time I can ctrl-alt-del to get task manager and then kill the process, but at least once, only pressing the power button would work.

I haven’t noticed a timeframe for it happening (i.e. after a few hours or whatever) but I have noticed that it seems most likely to occur when I double click to put on, or take off equipment (like switching from cold to heat gear). I would guess this might make it related to the game changing the graphics on your character to reflect the new gear.

I have similar specs on the computer rig.
I do not get crashes, but I get fps drops then mini lags, stutters.
I noticed a MEMORY LEAK.
The ram usage goes up if you do nothing but hang out and walk around your base a bit.
Even with 32 GB main memory, when the memory used by the single player game goes from about 3.2 GB to around 9 GB the mini lags and FPS drops happen. This could be the cause of your crashes.

Bad issue there, and your rig is for sure powerful enough.

Just add what i have experienced myself, as it took me quite a while to even consider this issue:)

Heat, i saw that in some cases in-game i would get spikes in performance that was unclear when or where it happended.

My gfx card would spin like hell, and id see a hardlock inc fast.
In my case it wasnt the card but my cpu that overheated.

Now what i did as last resort was to turn off my turbocores and hard set my cpu to a little lower point and check it out.

The box havent locked once after i did that.
It seems there are someplace that really needs a lot of power alltho you have a good pc it will suck up all the juice you have over a period of time, hence the heat problem.

Just my 2 cents, worth a go maybe.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.