Conan Exiles crashes after trying to connect to Funcom services

Game mode:Online official
Type of issue:Crash
Server type: PvE
Region: Americas
Mods?:Yes
Edition:Steam

Bug Description:

A clear and concise description of what the bug is.

Steps to Reproduce:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. Please be as detailed as possible; the more details, the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Step 1 Open Conan Exiles
  2. Step 2 Conan Exiles begins to connect to funcom services
  3. Step 3 Game closes. No error pop up or anything
  4. Etc. Tried running in admin mode same thing. Removed all mods and still getting the same issue. PC is on Windows 11 Unistalled the game reinstalled. Also installed the game on a different hard drive.

BUMP

Any help would be appreciated

I’m guessing you made sure your drivers are up to date? Especially graphics drivers?

Just a shot in the dark here as you didn’t describe any specs and such so I don’t know if it’s applicable. Random crashes that can’t really be explained and your game literally “vanishes” are very often due to slightly unstable overclocks.
Depending on hardware, when it comes to overclocking, games can sometimes be “picky” and you will get cases where 90% of games run flawlessly on a given system, but that 10% will keep crashing until you solve that elusive stability problem. I have seen instances for example where factory OC model GPUs would keep crashing a game until they got underclocked manually.

Now if you’re an experienced user and deliberately overclocked your system you’ll probably have an idea what to look for, if not thou, I would recommend leaving that alone for now and starting with my first question and checking whether or not drivers are up to date.

I will check on the drivers for the graphics card.

Now my Nephew did update his PC to Windows 11

Will that be causing an issue?

Don’t believe he overclocked his pc.

It’s quite hard to diagnose a crash like that, especially based on information through a forum.

It could be any number of things ranging from not having adequate and up to date drivers to potentially faulty hardware or even other software on the machine interfering (for example anti-virus software).

If you’re thinking that it’s a compatibility issue with Windows 11 itself, then I can tell you that’s not the case as I’m running it on Win11 as well for example and lots of others are. It will be something specific related to your computer.

But yea, the first step would be to update your GPU driver, maybe if you have anti-virus software, try to temporarily disable it and check after every attempt.
If the game crashes without exception every single time, then these simple ones are more likely culprits (like anti-virus for example). I just threw in the overclocking part as an advanced thing to look at in case you already tried all of these simple ones, so ignore that :slight_smile: .

Would probably also help if you posted your system specs.

Have you tried bypassing the launcher by starting the game from the local exe? Probably not that since your past the launcher but still it will be interesting to see if it makes any difference.

steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Binaries\Win64

Has the game ever worked?

The other thing you can try and see if it makes any difference is to start the game without BattlEye.

The game never worked. I just bought it for my nephew and right when he started it the launcher works fine and the game opens and right when it goes to connecting to funcom live services the game closes with no error or anything.

I have bypassed the launcher and it does the samething. I will go ahead and try without battle eye and see if that makes a difference.

After one of the Launcher updates, a few months back, I get this on my Windows 11 machine. Conan Launches, then crashes when connecting to Live Services, about half the time.

My Windows 10 machine does not have an issue but it is 7+ years old so the once mighty laptop gaming dedicated GPU has a rough time.

Even with battle eye unistalled it doesn’t work

SO Graphic card is updated. Windows is updated. Tried lauching the game without the launcher. Tried running the game in admin mode. Made sure no mods were installed. Reinstalled the game. Installed the game on a different drive. Still same thing When I get to this screen the game closes. No error or anything

Hey there,

You still haven’t posted any of your system specs.
However you could post your system info export as we can see it there along with installed drivers and startup applications etc.

• To do that you can just hit Windows key + R to open the run box
  • Type msinfo32 in the box and click okay
  • On the window that appears click File → Export
  • Save it to a location then attach the file here to your post or somehting with the upload button

That would tell us a bit more, thou it still contains only limited information about your hardware, but it lists the components and the drivers being used, your bios version, whether or not you’re running any software that would interfere with the game, etc.

1 Like

im having the exact same thing happen to me

System Information report written at: 08/09/22 22:04:31
System Name: DESKTOP-7TK2B2H
[System Summary]

Item Value
OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22000 Build 22000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name DESKTOP-7TK2B2H
System Manufacturer ASUS
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU SKU
Processor 12th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-12700K, 3610 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0707, 11/10/2021
SMBIOS Version 3.4
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
BaseBoard Product TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4
BaseBoard Version Rev 1.xx
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = “10.0.22000.778”
User Name DESKTOP-7TK2B2H\New Owner
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 32.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 31.7 GB
Available Physical Memory 21.1 GB
Total Virtual Memory 36.5 GB
Available Virtual Memory 19.5 GB
Page File Space 4.75 GB
Page File D:\pagefile.sys
Kernel DMA Protection Off
Virtualization-based security Not enabled
Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View
Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

Hey again,

That is only a small part of the information, it doesn’t show your GPU or startup tasks and services etc.
Please try to export to a text file and use the file uploader button in the reply box to upload it:
If by any chance the forum doesn’t let you use that yet (I think it might be linked to getting the basic badge first) you can use a third party text paste site like https://controlc.com/ or anything similar to paste the full content of the file into and post the link to it here.

Based on the tiny fraction you posted thou, I can tell you something already :slight_smile:
Seems like you have an Asus motherboard, so you might have something called Asus AI-Suite installed. That software actually does automatic overclocking of your system among other things, so the potential cause I presented at the beginning might actually be more realistic.

You can try to see if AI Suite is installed and take a look at the settings there (it will tell you what kind and how much of an overclock is applied), OR you could reset them in the Bios by:

• restarting your computer and hitting F2 or Del on the boot screen before windows starts.
  • Once in the bios you can hit F5 which will Load optimized defaults (it might also disable your memory XMP profile, which is fine for now to test it as that could also be a potential source of your crash),
  • then hit F10 to save and exit.

Specs.txt (1.3 MB)

1 Like

Hey there :slight_smile:

Okay, so currently your log is full of application crashes, all the conan attempts you did, some windows kernel drivers and other software and games (Rust) crashing.

It seems that while not AI Suite, you do have Armoury Crate, another software from ASUS that actually crashes itself on your pc occasionally, but also has high potential of interfering with games and crashing them.
I would start by getting rid of all traces of that first. You can use the official ASUS uninstaller to get rid of it.

Now if you still want to control your lighting and all that fancy stuff, you could try their other software called Aura for the same purpose, after you get to the bottom of this issue, see if that one works better, but for now imo just get rid of Armoury Crate with that uninstaller and make sure to do a restart of your computer after (not shut down, but Restart option, since shut down works more as a deep sleep state and doesn’t reload everything completely)

Test afterwards…

If it’s still the same then you can also scan your system files to see if there’s any more to those kernel errors.
To do that you can open an elevated command prompt (Type CMD in the windows start menu search and just right click it and select “run as administrator”)
Then type sfc /scannow and hit enter

Had him try all of that. Still same issue.

That is unfortunate, Armoury Crate was the most likely culprit here.
The computer also has hamachi installed with the adapter disabled, might be worth a shot completely uninstalling that, especially if it’s not being used for any games anyway, though that’s not likely to interfere in this disabled state.

Either way, let me make one thing clear. It’s certainly something with the computer itself and not necessarily specific to Conan, as prior to this there were various other games and applications crashing and hanging on it too, along with various memory leaks dating back all the way to April.

If all the drivers are up to date and everything from above has also been definitely crossed off the list, then you could go with the “nuclear” option of reinstalling Windows, you now have a built-in ‘reset’ function as well that does it without having to use installation media.

If you do decide to go with that and reinstall windows in a clean fashion, be sure to only install essential drivers and software prior to testing the game. All the lighting-related and “fancy” armoury crate etc. programs can wait.
Essentially what you need is your chipset drivers from this page (select Windows 11 and scroll down to chipset) and your graphics drivers from here (latest release to date: August 9)

Sorry I can’t be any more specific than that, there’s really not a lot to go on other than spending time with the computer trying to identify incompatible software / drivers and uninstalling them one by one till it works. And we already tried the more suspicious ones.

Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.