My friend can't connect to our game but we can connet to his game

Game mode: Online private
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: Europe

Hi Funcom, thank you for Conan exiles, is very funny. My cousin and I have been playing this game some months without any problem, we played on his private game and on my private game. This week we gifted a friend with a copy of Conan exiles and he can not connect to our games, but I can connect with him on his game. What can we do?

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. I go to my private game and Invite my cousin and friend
  2. My cousin can join the party but not my friend
  3. My friend creates his own private game
  4. I can join
1 Like

yes it’s solo/coop, but no, the three can play on his solo world

1 Like

My suggestion would be to to just setup a private server. Either free off an extra computer or a beefy computer you play on at the same time, or via a 3rd party private server company (not free, about $12-$15 a month or so).

Then all 3 of you can hop in and out as you please without needing a person to be logged in, and the tether restrictions lifted.

1 Like

Yes, using the Dedicated Server launcher works very well for that purpose.
I do this having both server and client on the same computer.
Just make sure that you use different ports than the default in the launcher and use Port forwarding for these ports in your router.
Also you have to completely exit steam (in system tray) before running the Dedicated Server Launcher.
If you want to control who is logging in to your server, enter a server passord.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies! We tried to do a private server but was a bit hard all the port stuff. We’ll try again.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.