Need an official answer about 3 Skull maesltrom bosses

I can confirm on a PvE server, that mobs from the Maelstorm can be dragged / pulled outside the yellow line area (map posted in this thread and damage a base. I ran back to my clan’s forward base not realizing a few mobs were still chasing me and they did a small bit of damage to my clan base before I killed them.

The base is inside the storm wind area but not where mods spawn (reddish clouds area) so I can only confirm that white clouds area those demons can be dragged purposely or accidentally into a base area and do damage. I have no idea if the base was farther back if it would do so or not. (I did not watch that video yet)

None of the sigils were active one 1 of the mobs
Can’t get enough even if I want to :stuck_out_tongue: mostly these chests are empty

Well, the game is under “Early Access” so yes, we understand stuff like this happens, but I guarantee you, if there was some exploit, such as easy to kill elephants for leveling, they fix it. I can’t imagine it would be hard to fix this since it seems for whatever reason that some mobs actually do despawn properly. However, the video so kindly posted in this thread proves otherwise for 3 skull bosses.

So to all of you who posted replies such as, “Just don’t build in the storm or close to it.”, well, now you can clearly see that no place is safe on the map, unless you build on top of a mountain. Clearly this can’t be an intended feature, but I heard a rumor the same problem existed with purge armies being dragged to other people’s bases on the Exile map.

2 Likes

Wow. Thanks for posting this video. It really helped to clarify the scope of the problem.

1 Like

This seems hopeless then, if its not even fixed with purges on EL :confused:

True, but in this case it should be fairly easy to forcefully despawn demons that are too far out of the Maelstrom. Assuming that’s how it’s intended to work. Which it ought to be IMO.

They already have something that drags (teleports?) summoned surge NPCs back towards the leyshrines, surely the same kinda check could be applied to Maelstrom monsters.

It’s not like it would have to run on every server tick (performance concern), once per ~10 seconds or so should be plenty.

Or what happens to world bosses when people try to cheese them with palisades and sh… stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah everything that is from the storm should remain inside the storm, not outside of it.
So it should despawn leaving the maelstrom, the player leave the storm for a reason anyway… maybe it became too hot for the player :stuck_out_tongue:

• Sidenote: It would however be okay if the mobs leave the storm while still having the aggro on the same person who left the storm, so if you want to kill it you still can, but as soon its agro changes it should despawn outside the storm… so no other bases get hit, to prevent griefing.

Demons run back to the storm instead on despawning? If I understand you correctly this sounds like music to my ears!

2 Likes

Personally I’m good with either, but yeah the mob returning would probably be ideal.

2 Likes