Need Mod Support - Xbox game pass

Hello,

I downloaded the game through the Xbox app so I can play a modded server with my friend. I downloaded the mods using a steam workshop downloader website by putting in the servers mod list link and they download in .zip files. I extracted them into a folder in the directory “C:\Program Files\ModifiableWindowsApps\Conan Exiles\WindowsNoEditor\ConanSandbox\Mods” and when I load the game and try to load into the server the loading bar gets to full and then i get this error:

"Fatal error!

Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x430718b0

!0x0000000000000000"

If someone had any advice/fixes i would really appreciate it.

Can your friend connect to that server and are they also using gamepass?

He is using Steam and can connect fine.

Edit: he downloaded the xbox game pass version and tried to use the mods also but had the same error

Did you follow the suggestions in this thread?

Mods enabled: You must have mods enabled on Microsoft Store. To do this you should read and follow Microsoft’s documentation on how to “Enable Mods” - see: Xbox Support

(avoidable) Workaround:

• Give admin privileges to the following folder: “%PROGRAMFILES%\ModifiableWindowsApps\Conan Exiles”;
  • Open Windows start, search for the “Conan Exiles” app, right-click it and press “Run as administrator”.

Yes I followed that tutorial.

so you gave admin privileges to the folder?

I gave myself owner to that folder and enabled mods through the xbox app.

ok, not sure if this is the same as run as administrator as required by the workaround but hope someone more familiar with the gamepass can help you further.

I have also tried running as administrator and still no luck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.