New Follower Limit - Feedback thread

Maybe put time limit, so each player can play 1 hour a day.

At the time I’m writing this, there are 1001 posts just in this thread. With the possible exception of Funcom staff whose job is to hang out in these forums, I doubt there’s anyone who has read all the posts. I will freely confess that I haven’t read all of them.

Having said that, I would like to restate yet again that a lot of us are debating the cap not because we want it gone, not because we want to have 400+ thralls in one base, not because we want to place hundreds of thralls to defend from a raid, or any of the reasons you mention in the rest of your comment.

If you’re interested in understanding us better, here’s a post I wrote in which I summarized some of our points, using links to other posts and topics.

This is all hilarious and sad at the same time.
For me, this update is more than welcome, let there be new strategies and a new way to defend your bases.
For pve, 55-100 thralls are more than enough to fill a base with life. i had large bases playing solo and you don’t really need that much, even less now, that thralls are gonna be more powerfull to defend against purges.

BUT, an option to “pick up” a thrall insted of breaking bonds would be appreciated

2 Likes

your Post is here and Moderation is never a Topic for public discussion

1 Like

What happens with my thralls that is over the cap already?

Check out @Multigun’s dev stream recap, that question is answered there.

1 Like

It isnt fair. We should level our placed thralls with the new update whats the point of my thralls now

More than 600 days I played every single day without missing 1 day, today after reading announcements I didn’t find the motivation to play. Really sad. :frowning:

6 Likes

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

you can find the answer in the dev stream recap

basically, is much more difficult to change current thralls than adding new ones, but any unplaced thall will get the update once you choose to use it

Oh don’t worry. Funcom hired a guy by the name of Thanos to handle that little problem for you. :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

our clan has 1500 animals and thralls combined i think its hard to keep count but this thrall limit crap will screw us over how am i gonna defend my huge base and all my loot with 100 thralls we have 2 bases so yeah 50 thralls actually u want us to destroy everything build a small hidden base or u are forcing us to find a exploit this is just stupid and u know it as always u keep just being on the new players side and not caring about the people who have played for a long time

2 Likes

:sob:

They just hoping to get new players start play the game, they not realize that we the addicted player who is everyday online, will quit. In the server I play, many pll play a week then quit for a month after start again for a week… those players will be happy now, they are the future of conan, we the addicted player, we’re past… history… on the streets like garbage.

6 Likes

:rofl: Good one! :rofl:

What the Exiled lands needs is a good ‘snap.’ Alpha clans… begone! :smiling_imp:

So i see the ppl who shouted for wipe the servers are now getting their way.

1 Like

Great…just great…another PVP patch that ruins PVE :((( I understand building large bases can be a problem in pvp…but it definetly isn’t one in PVE… In PVE, after you reach lvl 60 and complete all the dungeons, building large bases is the only thing you can do…There’s nothing else…If you actualy go through with this patch, all the old PVE players are going to quit…I know I am, and I’m not the only one on my server who will… Months of farming thralls and pets to defend our bases just wasted…

4 Likes

I have an idea maybe funcom could let everyone just for one week let everyone have a chance to pick up there thralls to put in a chest and funcom can remove that feature once the week is over … think that is fair and many will be happy

1 Like

[quote=“Palm522, post:985, topic:92986”]

After collecting feedback over many channels of communication over the entire week, we can’t but disagree with that statement. But those opposed to the change are more vocal than those who are not.
We do acknowledge there is a sector of players opposed to it, but it is nowhere near as numerous to those who welcome the cap or those who welcome the cap with reservations .
We take all the feedback seriously, no matter their stance and as long as it’s constructive. But statements as yours above do not help raising the impact of your stance.

After collecting feedback over many channels of communication over the entire week, we can’t but disagree with that statement. But those opposed to the change are more vocal than those who are not.
We do acknowledge there is a sector of players opposed to it, but it is nowhere near as numerous to those who welcome the cap or those who welcome the cap with reservations .
We take all the feedback seriously, no matter their stance and as long as it’s constructive. But statements as yours above do not help raising the impact of your stance.

i am in agreement with the cap, but not to screw your player base not allowing us to pick up our extremely hard to find thralls, (purge oneS) so how exactly do you know the vast majority of player wants the change if they are not vocal about it? is funcom reading minds now?
^^^^^
This is perfect. Clearly they aren’t really paying attention. While some are for the cap, I have read every forum and comment and I do not work for funcom and I can see right away over 90% of players DO NOT WANT THIS CAP.
There is no large amount of player voting or wanting this cap! LMFAO
Personally I find it rather in poor taste that funcom is placing word and making claims of players wants and desire/ 90% say NO. Im all for the updates fixing the game, banning undermeshing, exploiters and general POS! However in over 5 k hours in this game the only thing I see now is funcom showing players They do not care what you want. Lag is not caused by thralls. Lag of servers is because g-portal was a cheap way to go and cannot handle the server load of so many buildings and large amounts of land claim. Unreal Engine 4 is a 20+ year old piece of software and there is much better software out there in this time and age. You get what you pay for. If you want servers to go smoothly then you build the right foundations for it to be built on. Maybe reduce the amount of land claim one can do. Not sure how thrall limits even became a lag thing. Seems like a scapegoat

3 Likes

Wait, what did I miss? Someone say funcom was wiping servers? I never saw anything about wipes