New Server rouls, how do I know if I use 2 much memory

Good day,

Any ideas how I find out if my base uses too much memory? I don’t get it…

Thx

1 Like

I have the same question, fear, you name it, but if someone knows I would really appreciate an answer here, thank you @Community :+1:t6:.

If your base makes the Exiled Lands look like the surface of Coruscant, you might be getting somewhat close to too much. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I think you can see your placeable count in the clan tab now.

Sure, but if you build a lot of small bases you will have lots of placeables, but does this effect the server memory?

Yes. Every single building piece affects the server in a way.

Thralls and things with AI even more.

It also affects your client. Every foundation takes rendering time and collision checking and all the stuff around it.

…sure, but base building is still allowed, I think. So there must be a limit or something, but I found nothing… They can’t destroy all bases… I just want to be save…

1. Did you build it with the intention of slowing down other players’ experience, or causing lag?
  2. Does your base cause appreciable lag, slow-downs, etc. to you, or to other players?
  3. Do you have more than 10000 Placeables? [Clan Tab]
3 Likes

no, IDK I have no issues, and yes. So we are all guessing, right? No-one heard any limits or something from funcom?

The point is, nobody out there on your server can beef you for building in a deliberate, server-choking way.

For the record, the 10k question is no judgment. It is rather a yardstick, as my own building has achieved almost 10k, with no reported or appreciable issues. My bases are spread out in 5 zones.

1 Like

Is that official? To be honest, when the new rule was announced my clan had over 100.000, we r now down to 80.000 (3 bases) and still removing parts. Server runs good, no lags, but I don’t want to weak up naked :smiley: that’s why I want to know what to do… Never thought about it because we never had server issues.

100,000 blocks? Wow. That is a lot of building blocks. You should take screenshots of your builds before you blow it up.

My clan + admins with server provided structures on my private server in 2019 (pre-wipe) capped out at 73k when I build my base with wedges (obviously that was a bad idea but I did not know better back then). Currently my clan is at 34k as a peak on my private server which includes server related structures.

19k on the main official server for our clan of 7 currently (was 9). Other official server is probably 100 blocks since I removed the base but left the foundations and a well to decay but one of my clan mates decided to play again there but its doubtful he built anything yet (notoriously slow in that department).

1 Like

I’m speaking as a player here: it really boils down to intent. Are you trying to lock up the server, or simply lock out my sticky fingers? Are you trying to freeze my client, or are all those Frost Giants there because you’re sentimental? Ultimately IMO the rule comes down to “is what I’m doing going to get me reported?” That should be the guide, I believe.

1 Like

I agree.

@s13rps Just curious what your 3 bases look like with 100k building blocks.

1 Like

…not finished :smiley: jet. I think I will try to get as many players as possible to my base to see if that slows the server down or not.

@s13rps , I feel that this :grinning: will become this :pensive:, 80.000 in a pve server is a bit to much. Not to mention the Placeables needed to fill 80.000 buildings :man_shrugging:. If you were playing in console official server the rendering issue would appear this build in 5 minutes. My main house has about 2.000 building blocks and 500 Placeables and I wait 20 to 25 seconds before I can see my house. But I have to say that I have a lot of crates, cupboards and chests full. Still I believe that I possess a lot of memory, so I believe that it is fifty fifty for me to get banned or not :man_shrugging:. I guess I have to wait and see.

Actually that’s not the case, the server is not loading my building, it’s just there in time.

Big bases himself is not biggest problem.But you need light-so place hundreds torches.And bum-slide show in that area

When you are banned without having done anything you will know. It is a rule that is sometimes applied to really large bases … and sometimes just to clans that have a lot of complaints (because they raid).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.