New Update. Class rebalance?

Yes they fixed the loophole but then reduced the 1 min cd to 15 seconds. That is not a balance. 15 seconds is nothing. there are no other 4 way anti ccs in the game with such a short cooldown. List one if you can think of one.

Ranger already has anti root/snare, anti fear/stun, and anti knockback in the general tree with this now theyll be just as unstoppable as before and now it’s not an exploit. Now its how it is. you can disagree if you ant but you’ll see in time what I already know. This fix was done incorrectly. the cooldown needs to be extended. This is a 4 way 100% resist anti cc we are talking about here.

It’s easy to play around this. Just look at the ranger buffs and wait 3 seconds before you CC

2 Likes

Have lived with rangers spamming it every second for a half a decade, not sure why i should suddenly flip out and make a 5 pages worth of meme s… post just because it got extended to 15s…

Lol @ rangers. Hated in pvp because it’s OP, hated in pve because it’s gimp. Can’t please everyone.

4 Likes

Indeed just do the same as against a sin with a caster except the immunity is lasting only 3 secs out of 15 and the ranger isn’t even invulnerable to damage. Only pure zerk barbs feat all the general tree for anti-ccs in the rogue archetype, you are over doing it mate.

This was the change requested by many players, including yourself. The cooldown never functioned, so what it was in the past is irrelevant.

5 Likes

Yes but that meant the cooldown should be 1 min overall regardless if pen shot was cancelled or not. not 15 seconds.

Now they’re getting the buff with a 15 second cooldown cancelled or not. 45 seconds less than the original 1 min timer

I mean would it be too much to ask that this powerful anti cc be given at least a 30 sec cooldown so they can’t just use it with every pen shot fired? I don’t understand how trimming 45 seconds off this is good for anyone but rangers.

Also there is no visual indicator of a cooldown in effect that i have seen. Shouldn’t there be one?

Bottom line: This is a fix to the exploit but it’s a huge buff for rangers. 15 second anti cc on demand 100% resist to 4 major ccs = Un-ccable ranger with the right build and completely legit working as intended.

sigh I’m sure i’ll find out just how good or bad it really is tonight in the arena. Will update this thread afterwards.

Leeeets fix another classes pleaseee.

1 Like

It’s definetly on par with other classes, no need to worry about that and the exploit is fixed. Thanks Mussagana. A lot more can be done but even a single thing done for pvper looks like a miracle after a decade so thanks again.

2 Likes

Funcom did something realy great with fixing running shot so it cant be exploited anymore… how can u say they made it more OP now?? It makes no sense. Its nowhere near as good as it was before when people could spam it for everlasting cc resist.

This is a big and justified nerf… the 15 sec cooldown is ok considering its tied to rangers main dmg combo and therefore cant be compared to passive or other anti cc abilities.

1 Like

They should remove all the CC or make them not working in PvP, how ridicule is having 5 CC skills per class? Also they should boost the DpS the demos do because as main mage class it is ridicule the damage it does, often it’s not even on the top 10, passed by a DT who is a tank lol

You just obsessed to be the most important and weaken all others. If it suits your interest its ok, If not its bad. You totally transparent. Wake or grow up…

Please go play and have a look before judging here. I bet most rangers wont be using the park anymore anyways.

Jeetz what is this baby mama drama? :smiley: The change was good, leave it as it is… Now fix necro feats @Mussagana pls

No, I would say Tyyr’s main is barb, but he playes ranger aswell ofc, besides DT, conq, guard, bs… :wink:

It’s good to see FC is still doing some class balances now, surprises me actually so definitively thumbs up for this, great work Funcom! Now change VOM of DT :stuck_out_tongue:

What comes first in my mind about changing necro (or any other class with dots) is let dots vanish if the players die who caused the dot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Was a needed change, should been changed ages ago thou.
On a side note, anyone who thinks ranger is op in pvp is clueless. Brain dead sure? high dmg ? sure, annoying? hell yes, but still one of the worst classes in pvp.

1 Like

True… Rander has not much impact on groups compared to other classes. It had to be fixed though as running shot was exploited. Class balance is fine as is. No further changes needed

Ranger has so many cc + high burst dmg and several dots even good sustain dmg but still has not a high impact for group? You are right! But why are you right? Because there are only k/d whores left in this game playing a ranger. Which ranger you could think of playes his ranger supportive and uses his traps for group, or uses melee cc?

1 Like

Any decent player as yourself should know that LOS is a thing in this game, and it can be used. There are many classes with high burst and much cc’s So tell me, why pick a ranger over a pom? Both have insane burst and sustained dmg, pom has better cc’s Pom has heals, dmg shields
Not to mention that pom is … lot tougher to kill don’t you think. Should I go through every class?

And hey as someone who plays sin the most, I probably should have some sort of biased opinion / vendetta against rangers right? yea well I hate them, but yea its… kinda shi**tty class

Why to pick a ranger over pom, for example for premade minigames? I would say that a ranger has much more mobility than a pom. And you are talking about los, this is a big issue for a pom with 3s searing eye, even more than for a ranger. As you say a pom need to heal, so a pom need to consider healing and dishing out dmg. The ranger can go in stealth and pick certain decent player out (casters for example) and nuke the target down. Could a pom do this?

How many cc does a ranger have?

1.) AOE kb (trap)
2.) AOE root (trap)
3.) Ranged snare
4.) Melee stun
5.) ranged stun if feated (playing supportive I would use it over rs)
6.) ranged knock back or ranged fear
7.) Melee root
8.) melee knock back + snare
9.) ranged mezz shot (the only one in this game) out of hide ofc…

Did I miss something? Ranger could also use melee fear, that would be nr. 10!

What cc does a pom have?

1.) AOE kb with 1s cast, very predictable
2.) AOE snare
3.) single target fear
4.) single target stun

Did I miss a cc for pom?

• a pom is a healer. So he is very likely to be focused in team based matches and a ranger has more freedom to do what he want to do :slight_smile:
2 Likes