No footprints or wetness effects on Xbox series X?

I’m not sure if this is a bug, but I noticed that on other builds of the game (PC and PlayStation) there’s footprints in sand and wetness effects. Is this a bug on the Xbox build?

A long time ago this bug was linked to your ingame language. I play on ps5 in german and have this issue, too.

I have this problem too although i wasn’t sure it was a bug either.

I recently got a series x so decided to install Conan on it as my pc struggles running it these days. I was super disappointed with the quality of it though. It looks pretty bad compared to my pc and my pc is an old gal. The effects qualitity seems like it is set to low, which i believe is the setting that gives you the footprints? On pc, high effects gives you footprints, ultra effects gives you the look of walking through deep sand. I would have expected ultra for the series x.

As well as that, there is some extreme pop-in on decorative items (stuff on tables and whatnot), which was most noticable at Mek-kamoses’ Spire. Add to that the invisible animals running around and i’m wondering wtf is happening.

Language is in English. Playing Singleplayer. Settings set to Quality.

2 Likes

We purchased a couple ps5s around the holidays and foot steps showed up. Thought someone invisible was following us to begin with

Ps. We are playing on a US server and part of the time npc is in German.

1 Like

It’s just strange, I would have expected higher quality on the Series X because it probably could run the game at higher quality, I’m genuinely wondering if the state of the Series X version is a bug or intended to be this way. I was looking into it earlier and I saw people asking, but Funcom hasn’t responded to anyone asking if it’s a bug.

1 Like

Greetings Exiles,

Thank you for bringing our attention to this! I’ve passed this information to the rest of the team so we can investigate it even further.

The old copy and paste response, as a five year veteran this type of response I’ve seen given to items that they deem unimportant, as a XSX owner i thought the XS upgrade pushed it to mid PC levels, but yet again Xbox have messed things up by hampering the SX power by the introduction of the SS which is next to useless as a console.

Ahh so is that why the graphics settings seem lower on xbox than ps? Cause they are accounting for the Xbox series S? Is there no way for them to tell what console you are using? If so, then there should be an option in settings to select either S or X, set to S by default but an option for you to change to X.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.