No Mod Required, Server and Single Player Script to Fix Fish Traps, Beehives, Wells, and Wheels of Pain


#1

Here is the google drive link if you want to use it as well:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C90KIgy758XLxSMW_iW6BtL7hy_NeDvL/view?usp=sharing

There are three files, one is the sql script, there is a modified ServerStartup.bat file that you can use in place of the default one, which will execute the script before starting up the server when restarting. Place both of them in the same directory where the original ServerStartup.bat file and the server executable are. Remember to back up the original. There is also a StartGame.bat file that will run the script then start the game for game clients if you play single player.

Copying the files and running them doesn’t require any mods to make the fix work, so you can run your server or single player un-modded and still have stuff continue producing or training on game or server restart.

Note: The fix for Wells, Beehives, and Fish Traps works permanently for any placed items from one execution of the script, while the fix for wheels of pain requires the script to run every restart. Any newly placed fish traps, wells, ect. will still break after the next restart if you don’t run the script again.

I’ve tested the fix on all the items, and they work after restart.

In Depth Explanation:

Fish Traps, Wells, and Beehives all have a HasBeenPlacedInWorld flag that isn’t saved properly, adding the flag in the properties table for any of the items that exist in the actor_position table (and thus exist in the world) fixes the issue, and the property persists on server restart for those items from then on.

For thrall wheels, and in fact for every crafting station, there is a CraftingQueue object used to track crafting progress. There are IsStarted and IsRunning flags, but the IsRunning flag is not saved, while the IsStarted flag is. For thrall wheels at least, the flags seem to do the same thing, so the script I added just adds the IsRunning flag to the properties table for any CraftingQueue that is started and belongs to a wheel of pain. I limited the fix to just thrall wheels because I don’t know if some of the crafting stations do something different based on IsStarted vs IsRunning, but feel free to make edits and test with the other crafting stations if you are feeling adventurous.


Water Supplies - Still Dead
Water well no more filling
#2

I updated the script with fixes for thrall wheels and edited the initial post with more details.


The story of my server and the Bugs I encountered
#3

Hi Draco,

Tanks for that fix. It works perfectly on a modded SP.


#4

I made a dedicated server to further test the changes, and thus far after a week of playing with friends, reboots, and an intentional crash from shutting down, the game still runs great and the script hasn’t caused any problems.


#5

I hope this works, I have my server provider adding this once my ticket has been seen.

I didnt have access to the files to do it myself so we shall see.


#6

Confirmed this is working on my server with Streamline servers.


#7

Nice find.


#8

@Draco
Is it possible that this dont works with the Mitra Statue of refreshment?
in your query i see
“BP_PL_Crafting_Water_Well_MitraStatue_C”
but in the tables actor_position and properties i can only find
“BP_PL_Water_Well_MitraStatue_C”

I can confirm that i run this prior to restart and my mitra wells are still not refilling.

Thank you

/* Edit */
I have tested it with “BP_PL_Water_Well_MitraStatue_C” instead of “BP_PL_Crafting_Water_Well_MitraStatue_C” now i can see that under properties the row “BP_PL_Water_Well_MitraStatue_C.HasBeenPlacedInWorld” gets added.

I think this needs further testing regarding the correct classnames since i also cant find
“BP_PL_Crafting_Water_Well_Tier2_C” i only find “BP_PL_Water_Well_Tier2_C” in my database

This testing happened not on a server, it was tested using a copy of the DB.
I will report back when the next restart happens and the modified query gets in place on the live-server.


#9

I can confirm that my tests described in the edit works on the server, it seems like the classname for the mitra statue was incorrect.
If i get some spare time i will look over the other classnames and write them here so that the users can manually add it or you can edit the script.


#10

It’s possible the items that are generated from spawning with admin panel and what’s crafted are different? I specifically tested all the wells, I’ll check again.


#11

Maybe.
The wells i tested were craftet at the mitra altar.


#12

Nope, you are right, the mod creator has them without the crafting in the name, it must have been an error on my part when copying text from my test sql commands into a script. I’ve uploaded a new version to download. I left the BP_PL_Crafting ones in as well in case I wasn’t crazy, since it won’t hurt anything if they don’t exist anyways.


#13

Perfect :slight_smile:


#14

Thank you Draco for fixing this. Our private server was 2 seconds away from cancelling and all of us going back to ARK. You have shown us that there is still hope for this game to be found in its player base.

Just have to love it when the product’s customers are better and faster at fixing problems with it than the people that developed it. edited because it is just too much to care anymore


#15