No Sounds From The Animals Or Npc's

Game mode: Single Player
Type of issue: Sound Bug
Server type: PVP
Region:: North America

The animals and npc’s in the world make no sounds besides the footsteps they make when running. No growls from the animals nor speech and attack noise from the npc’s.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Turn on game
  2. Find a animal or npc
  3. Hear no sound
  4. The end
2 Likes

Hey @Blade_Braver83

This might be related to an issue we’re aware of and fixed internally. We’ll send it to our team nonetheless just in case.
Thanks for the feedback.

I am having the same exact issue, thought it was just me and everyone else had no idea what i was talking about.

No sound when aggro NPCs or animals, no sound when NPCs or animals are killed.

yes sir the same thing on my server as well first i tought it was maybe a mod causing it but vanilla it is the same .

This appears to still be an issue? Is there an ETA on the fix? It completely kills the immersion…

On another post I started I reported:
You can’t hear fighting sounds of your character such as grunting when he stabs with a spear and such; as well as no aggro sounds from NPCs, inludes warning sounds from animals, attacking sounds and battlecries from all, and the last statement before death (e.g. Yog take me)

Sooo, where is the Hotfix we were promised? I hate just to farm and craft around my base, I want to go exploring again, go slay legendary creatures, tackle the Unnamed City again, go on quests.

Their reply: "Hey there, It was not “promised” but scheduled for early this week. It’ll be out once it’s out so keep an eye out for the patch notes. "

Hey @TazmanNZL

Next patch is scheduled to come along this week. You can preview most of its contents in our testlive branch:

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.