Testlive Patch (18.10.2019) - Optimization, audio and general fixes

Hey Exiles!

We have a new Testlive patch we wanted to get some feedback on containing some fixes for the most critical issues affecting the live version of the game, such as some optimizations to help with the performance struggles introduced in the latest patch as well as further inventory optimizations, fixes to many items that got stats altered and some extra tuning for the new animations.

As always, we thoroughly welcome and appreciate your feedback so please let us know down below any issues you might encounter in this build. Once weā€™re confident about the quality and stability of this patch, weā€™ll roll it to the live versions of the game.

Thank you, community, for your continued support.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes
performance

• Optimized some texture sizes to generally improve performance.
  • Optimized current assets to improve performance across the board.
  • Fixed a number of crashes related to asset conflicts.
  • Optimized files by deleting outdated and invalid assets.
  • Additional file size optimizations to improve performance across the board.
  • Increased the amount of logs in case of blueprint Virtual Machine crashes.
  • Implemented latest Battle Eye security improvements.
  • Fixed incompatibility with upcoming Windows 10 20H1 update (currently Insider Preview).

combat

• Fixed a number of issues that would cause to apply incorrect missing damage values on some light combo steps for a number of weapon archetypes (two handed maces, 1 handed maces, daggers, bows, 2 handed and 1 handed axes).

general

• Fixed some instances in which battle standards would not allow combat to be enabled between players.
  • Fixed an issue that would allow the placement brush of the Altar of Yog to cause damage to entities in contact with it.
  • Fixed a number of issues involving incorrect armor values and protections.

animation

• Improved running stop animation.

audio

• Reduced the rate at which idle noises are played for player and NPC characters.

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the ā€œFor prioritizationā€ column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called ā€œConan Exiles - Testlive Clientā€ in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who donā€™t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

10 Likes

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Sweet. Iā€™ll go check it out. Sadly I didnā€™t have the performance bug, so canā€™t report anything there.

Did this in anyway address the fatal exception errors? I do get them from time to time, but canā€™t pin it to anything specific, so Iā€™m still tracking that one down. Not enough to really bother me though.

So my testlive client and the testlive servers are incompatible versions. Did you update the client and the server?

Edit: Rebooted both my client and server several times. Testlive client can only see my testlive (or official testlive) servers if I select the ā€œShow Invalid Serversā€ check box.

Edit 2: Waited a couple more hours and now the client is getting itā€™s update :slight_smile:

fix the bug of 100 hp ps4! It should be the priority number one of you! but as always, you continue with little regard for its customers.

3 Likes

I could be wrong, but thought Iā€™d read that any console fixes have to go through a certification process, which always slows them down

2 Likes

@Ignasi I know that it is unlikely that I got my report submitted in time for this patch. However, could someone please try and fix the below issue in the next patch? It has made it that I may very well lose my data should I die; literally game breaking. Help!

Here is the linkā€¦

Great news! I could not test much but just from loading my single player game inside my desert city base I noticed an increased performance already.

2 Likes

This patch brought my Relic Hunter Treasure Seeker thralls back with all their gear. They were pretty near death though. Itā€™s still good to have them back. Thanks!

Was the Assassin armor supposed to switch from cold resistance to heat? It was the only decent set of light cold resist armor in my opinion.

Edit: This is one area where I really think Funcom needs to go back to the drawing board. I think everyone would be so much happier if we could just choose the resistances we wish for any armor set, by having certain hot or cold ingredients added in the process. Better yet, what about adding and removing insulation from any set of armor? There are plenty of other options too, that would not force us to choose undesirable looking armors for whatever specific build we like best.

Armor with Grit and Survival bonusesā€¦ never made one set of those. Is that something anyone goes for to get the 5th perk? Maybe with the level 300 mod, but not with a lvl 60 cap, right?

So letā€™s make the attribute bonuses another thing that can be crafted into the armor?

I know there is a mod (Fashonist) that allows us to put whatever armor skin on we choose, but that only helps people on modded servers.

There are really so many amazing looking sets of armor that just arenā€™t practical to wear, based on the temp resistance and bonuses.

I suppose there probably should be some sets of Legendary armor that come with fixed stats of temp resist and attribute bonuses, but all of the standard armors, let us fully customize them PLEASE. It would be such a wonderful QoL improvement to the game.

6 Likes

Derketoā€™s Voice bow dropped from 10 Accuracy to 5? I suppose Eye of Khan went to 5 accuracy too? The 10 accuracy bonuses were really making for a great archery build, but nowā€¦

Iā€™d would sure be great if new weapons werenā€™t released with all the extra power, only to be nerfed back down to mediocrity. Literally every single exciting weapon lately has been hit with the nerf bat lately. Whomever is responsible for new weapon stats and whomever is responsible for the nerf bat should actually go have lunch together and talk about them before releasing to the public.

Give me their names and Iā€™d be happy to introduce them to each other, lol.

5 Likes

I will try to test it with my modlist and our server DB.
Itā€™s a pitty I canā€™t do this for Server MP only for Client SP :tired_face:

This still exists in the newest Testlive version. Says return to surface.

5 Likes

Silent legion skeletons around the Black keep still have no loot when killed.

5 Likes

How about you get rid of player idle sounds altogether, If iā€™m trying to hide or perform some other stealth operation then I shouldnā€™t be making idle noises period.

2 Likes
Testconditions:
Testlive Client SP
Microsoft Windows 10 Professionell newestVersion
PC Ryzen 1700X 
32 GB RAM
Geforce 1080 8GB

General: Tests

1. running fast through the world in Admin Mode - very short lags in average every 8 seconds
  2. running through the world in Admin Mode - very short lags not as often as running very fast.
  3. walking through the world in Admin Mode - very short lags not as often as running
  4. teleporting in Admin Mode - very fast / much better than before
  5. Entering an area with a huge Building - it took 6 seconds for a very huge base
  6. Loading our modlist - worked without issues
  7. Loading our actual game.db from the live server - it didnt worked, testlive refused it
1 Like

Are they still making sounds on testlive?

From my short test yesterday, no more sounds from player or thralls. Seen they just removed then. But no emotes have sounds, nor does combat, no more battle cryes or death sounds too.

Didnā€™t noted the FPS before and after now. Will do this for the next tests.

1 Like