Not Sure What Happened

Game mode: [Online private]
Type of issue: Bug
Server typePvP
Region: USA

Not sure if it’s a bug or we’ve been hacked. I came back from TDY and the server is messed up. My thralls are gone (accept for station thralls) and I can’t enter admin mode. The updates on the server side are having NO effect on the game side, updates and changes to the admin controls don’t have any effect.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. I’ve updated the server .ini several times, the server required admin password doesn’t work online
  2. Neither the tilde nor the server settings commands work to engage the admin controls
  3. Have done all the things I can think of - it refuses to reset
  4. There is no four.

Got it fixed. However, still don’t know why all of my thralls disappeared and other players thralls are still there…thoughts?

Does your event log say anything?

Hey @ViulfR

Since you mention this is happening in a private server, are you using any mods in it?

1 Like

No event log is as if nothing happened. It seems to be the same thing that happened to us on test-live where we logged in some months ago and all the non-station thralls, to include all the pets, went missing.

No mods are active on the server, it’s vanilla.

Hey @ViulfR

Did you have the thrall cap enabled in your server?

1 Like

They were turned off, however I didn’t look to see if a recent update may have enabled them. The settings for abandonment were reversed by the last patch so I need to double check this when I get home

Still, there would have been “some” thralls/ pets left behind even with the cap on…unless it defaults to zero.

I turned it off because I had many of the old bug eyed named NPC’s from EA and it was really entertaining to be able to stand them side by side and see their improvements.

Oh well…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.