NPCs in sinners refuge gone. Cave now populated with spiders

Game mode: Online Private
Type of issue: Bug | Performance
Server type: PvE
Region: North America
mods:
Animal Taming Cage
Less Building Placement Restrictions
Unlock Plus (with Pickup) v1.4.0 (1.0 compatible)

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

Server started when new patch went live on dec 5th. at that time only 2 mods were active - Animal Taming Cage and Unlock Plus (with Pickup) v1.4.0 (1.0 compatible).

On dec 10 Less Building Placement Restrictions was installed. A short while later it was reporteed to me the NPCs in Sinner’s Refuge were all missing and the cave is now populated with spiders, the green kind with the orange legs. these spiders were not placed where the NPCs were. They are all in the center of the cave just chilling out. The NPCs at the cave entrance are gone completely with no spiders there at all. No new building or item placement was done anywhere near the cave on dec 10. In single player with the same mods, the cave was normal. This was verified by multiple people on their own private instances.
Nevertheless, we blamed the new mod (Less Building Placement Restrictions), so it was uninstalled. No change. Uninstalled all mods - no change. Backed up and restored the server hosted on GTXgaming in hopes of forcing an NPC reset to no success.

Has this behavior been observed before? I’m not sure if a rollback to before dec 10th would do any good as we cant prove WHEN the cave became spider country.

It is certainly a mod issue because my cave is normal (no spiders). Can you post a screenshot with co-ordinates of the exact location, just to make sure we are talking about the same cave.

1 Like

Yup a mod issue for sure. I was in there just this morning on officials, and it had its normal complement of human NPCs, no spiders.

For the record, removing all mods is no guarantee that a given savegame will return to vanilla - it depends on the mods and what changes they make to the game.db while installed.

1 Like

Maybe Mikey’s Chosen of Asura NPC ended up being a big spider who turns other NPCs around him into big spiders, too.

I thought he was supposed to be a horse.

1 Like

If only!

I am the lizard king, I can do anything!

3 Likes

Hey @triggery

Welcome to our community.
This issue seems to be triggered by one of the mods used, Could you try reproducing this problem in a vanilla game?

1 Like

could not recreate on vanilla or in single player. uninstalling all mods makes no change. we are probably going to just live with it since its not a known issue and its not been encountered before as far as my searches have shown.

LBPR doesn’t affect spawns.

is there a way to reset the world spawns without wiping?

I have the same mods active and no problems in Sinner’s. Are you sure you are in the correct cave?

here are some screenshots of sinners refuge on my private server. note nothing has been built or placed anywheres near it or in it.

1 Like

What about above it?

1 Like

Hmm, building eliminates spawns, how can it replace one NPC spawn with another?

My thinking is that somebody built above or near the area, then added pet spiders to the cave.

Or the OP has more mods then they have said so far.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I was thinking.
If the brimstone is missing or doesn’t return when mined then someone has built above.
It happened on the official I play out about a year back.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.