Offical Server 1650

Can your team look into the lag storms that occur from bases loading in? Since the game does not put a limit nor impose a limit to builds. Our server can experience a 20-30min crippling lag “storm” when some bases, including our own when loading in. I feel that our server 1650 may need some much need TLC or expand its capabilitites.

Much appreciate any response, good or bad to this post.

Here’s the information you’ll need on who to contact and what information to provide if you suspect some kind of abuse or exploit going on: https://forums.funcom.com/t/please-read-official-servers-terms-of-conduct-guidelines-and-procedures/112678

@Bodin I don’t feel anyone is cheating, nor did have I made that claim. The concern is the lag the server experiences from large bases loading in. These bases are not exploits in any way. Is there a team that can run a server maintenance or look into the hardware of said server for degradation or firmware updates to maybe utilize the memory better.

@ultragrave Thanks for the clarification. I believe its the same people that investigate exploits as investigate server issues. So if its a game issue, you’ll still need to contact @Ignasi or @Hugo.

Here’s the Server Report Tool link: Is your server unavailable? Use our report tool!

However, if it turns out to be a server issue, then you’ll need to contact the server owner (which is g-portal for official servers: G-Portal Support https://www.g-portal.com/support )

Hope that helps!

@Bodin I did submit a ticket via the link you sent me. I also did the same thing, I went to Gportal and submitted a ticket there not a forum post and all they did was tell me i need to reach out to funcom. So i’m getting a round robing customer service direction. So as a player that sees an issue and fills out the ticket, a forum post for funcom and a ticekt for Gportal, is there anyway to get some solidarity from funcom that atleast someone is looking into the issue? Much appreciate your time @bodin sorry not trying to “shoot” the messenger.

@ultragrave That’s good that you were able to follow up on those different options. But that’s about as much as one player can do for another. If I was in your position, I would continue trying to get some support, daily if necessary, to find out how to resolve the issue. In other words, I wouldn’t just fill out a ticket and hope for the best, but continue polite communication. Following up shows you are interested and the problem hasn’t resolved itself yet. Just be respectful because the other person on the opposite side has to deal with “upset” customers (and no one really likes being put in that position). Its great when you can resolve issues, but its frustrating for both the player and the representative when the issue continues.

1 Like

@ultragrave

"

• Abuse of the claim system (claim spam) where blocks are placed for no other purpose than to prevent other player’s access to resources and building spots.
  • Irresponsible abuses of the building system leading to loss of performance both on client and server-side.
    "

Per the official server rules it sounds like these bases are, in fact, the violation.

1 Like

@Bodin thanks! Hopefully we will have some resolution, the server has reset numerous times over the weekend and tonight even. Rumor has it, people had an admin actually show up and reboot the server, maybe that will help get some eyes on it.

Because the servers are trash have been from the start, an funcom are too cheap to rent better ones.

seems harsh, do you work for them? Or work for Gportal?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.