Official Server 1502 - Stuff missing since maintenance patch period. Decay rate seems to have accelerated

Game mode: Official Server 1502
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvE
Region: North America
Mods?: No.
Edition: Steam

Bug Description:

A bunch of random parts of my bases have decayed, along with others of my clan, even though we were just there on the 16th and 17th. This does not appear to be from any outside damage (i.e. purge and such) and appears in the event logs as “decay” and “abandoned.” These structures were all on foundations and have been active without problems for months. Additionally I was informed by other players, such as Beastmaster and Meargath on the server that their stuff was also affected. The timestamp on the event logs shows only a few hours passed to cause these decay events.

Some players on the server, such as Grogo, mentioned that they felt the decay rate was doubled, and that this was somehow intentionally done over the summer, but even if it is doubled, this wouldn’t explain this sudden onset decay of longterm objects in the span of a few hours. I have been, thus far, unable to test if the decay rate is passing at double the speed, although I could check an offline neighbor.

Expected Behavior:

Consistency. To not log in to have mysteriously missing stuff with either A) no mention in the logs, or B) mentions of decay that make little to no sense given the short amount of time passed.

Installed Mods:

None.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Log in.
  2. Walk around base.
  3. Be confused why random things in random places are missing.
  4. Tab check decay timer on objects, no problem.
  5. Check logs. Be further confused.
  6. Wonder just what is going on with maintenance windows and the decay time.

Stuff has decayed oddly.

Here are some pictures:

All of these items previously had foundations. The foundations extended from where the foundations are on the floor in the picture to the wall, yet have suddenly decayed. For some reason, other than a single firebowl cauldron, the rest of the items that were on foundations are now on the ground. This effect also happened at another base.

This all happened in the space of 12 hours. Other people on the server have had odd fast decays since the maintenance time, but it seems to have slowed down. It was almost like parts of the maintenance window flagged stuff for decay/abandon, and it never unflagged or was unable to be unflagged.

I will keep monitoring the situation to see if there are any more issues of sudden onset decay, but from what I have seen, this is still an ongoing issue.

EDIT: Note that what has occurred in these pictures occurred AFTER the maintenance window and after the initial report I made. My original report details structures elsewhere. I was also informed that this has plagued a few other people, where visiting their own bases isn’t resetting the decay timer.
The logs are especially weird, as they are only awarding a few hours if the location is visited, whereas previously they had awarded more. Meargath had his entire base decay in about 12 hours, even though he had logged out in it.

This has continued since today’s update. Additionally, due to the nature of this rapid onset decay, it seems to have infected anything new built in the same squares as well. It’s as though the squares are polluted or flagged different.

At this point I am uncertain what to do. Whole sections are unbuildable, and while I can rebuild a foundation to put a crafting station it, it doesn’t share the timer with the adjoining foundation.

Do I destroy my base and rebuild elsewhere?

On a related note, it seems like any “stage” pieces have abruptly decayed as of the last update. Not sure if it’s directly related or not.

Greetings,

Thank you for your report. Our team is aware of issues with the building pieces, you can read our announcement here: Buildings pieces losing stability after update 2.4.6

Apologies for the inconvenience.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.