Random items in decay state within bases

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: Online official
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Bug
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvE
**Region: Oceanic

The event log is recording items in a decay state, or into abandoned in the middle of base, but when looked at with a repair hammer in hand, the item is at maximum decay timer of 168 hours. Upon one occasion an item despawned due to decay the item on top losing stability and despawning (see second set of screenshots).
For some items it lists them going from decay to normal and then says it wlll go to abandoned in the PAST …

See attached screenshots for clarity. Also linked forum post for other reports of similar occurances:

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Load into multiplayer PvE official server with a base and multiple types of decorations
  2. Check event log; observe items are in decay state with or without them going into abandon state.
  3. Go close to item that it might be. Check decay time with repair hammer.
  4. open up event log and set distance detected to minimum of 10. Hit submit. Observe that the item you are close to with maximum decay timer registered by a repair hammer still has maximum decay time is listed in event log.

Example of event log recording item in decay in middle of base;
also note second line from top on an item stating that it will change to decay in the PAST:
20190331-09 05 46 0 owned by Raptor has changed decay state to normal. Will abandon at 20190313-12 14 40
(also note in screenshot that an item is recorded as “0 owned by”…which is a different bug i think related to alters, which I reported for items being removed from alters being recorded as “removed from 0”)

What the repair hammer showed when checked:

confirmation that event log still registered item as in decay state:

Another set of examples:
a) Event log recorded item as decayed:

b) Location where items despawned, clearly within the base where other items had not registered any decay or despawn:

c) Screenshot of items after I had replaced them with new ones, in same location as the two items that despawned:

d) Screenshot of the Large Carpet that registered in screenshots above as being decayed, abandoned and returned to normal:

3 Likes

iv had this happen on xbox as well.
I lost a number of decorations to decay even though i was on only a few hours before that.
and a number of items due to durability after other items decayed.

This needs to be fixed asap

2 Likes

Hey @Kwalya

We’ve received a few reports lately of this same behavior affecting other player’s games. Our team is looking into it.
Thanks for your feedback

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, I am scared to place anything down incase it despawns as well.

I login and spend the first 5 mins running around my base with a repair hammer checking everything out.

Though that didnt help with our mitra shrine, logged in one day it had 100hrs before it decayed, logged off 4hrs later for about 3hrs and when i logged in it was gone (PvE-C server)

was the same situation for the rug and other cosmetics that it happened to.

1 Like

I think, most objects so are those placed on top of other ones.
Carpets are especially tedious when you place stuff on them. I had a chair poofing nearly in front of me i just placed a few minutes ago, log said, it lost stability.

I placed 2 similar chairs near a table, one on a carpet, the other not. The one on the carpet poofed few time after i just placed it, the second is still there after days.

This happens and on servers, but also in singleplayer if decay turned on.

1 Like

I get this happening every day on official 1580. Use the log to narrow it down to the exact item and walk up to it and it shows full timer but in log shows as abandoned. We keep losing random items daily

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.