Offline, Searchable Lore App (for Android) - Legends Library

Google Play: Link
Dev Blog: Link
FAQ: Link

The Legends Library compiles all of the in-game lore (ahem) Legends into a searchable database available for offline reading.

Lore from all three languages (English, Français, and Deutsch) are supported. App localization, however, is currently only available in English or Français. If you wish to help with localization – I very much would like a German-speaking volunteer! – please contact me. You only need the ability to access Google Docs.

You can keep an eye on the dev blog to be aware of future additions to the app.

THERE WILL NOT BE iOS SUPPORT. The reason why is covered in the FAQ linked above. Please read it! If you ask this question, I will ignore it. Maybe if Apple changes their policy (haha!), we’ll see.

If you do not have an Android device, but would still like to use the app (on your desktop or laptop), additional information about this can also be found in the blog FAQ.

Enjoy!

Update for NOVEMBER 6, 2019

v1.7.4
-Updated SDKs to comply with Google requirements
-Searching for phrases was broken at some point; it is now fixed

10 Likes

v1.7
-One new Legend!

EVENTS
The Talos of Gaia

-The TSW entry “Guardians of Gaia” (Events) renames to “Golems and the Fourth Age” (Global -> Ancient Mysteries) for SWL-mode.
-Resolved a crash while trying to open the Tumblr link.
-Resolved a caching issue where a fresh install would start the app in a non-default state.
-No more lost favorites on new lore updates. A lot of code was rewired, in general, for better database updates in the future; give me a hollar if I missed something!
-Android P support

1 Like

v1.7.1 from the Play Store should be out today. Standalone links in my blog should be available now.

PATCH NOTES

v1.7.1
-One new Legend
(GLOBAL -> FACTIONS) Faction Conflict

-Fixed search highlighter failing on certain words
-Corrected some entries, ie. typos, bad copy-pastas
-Attempting yet another fix for a rare CursorOutOfBoundsException that seems to affect some devices (I’m looking at you, HTC…)

v1.7.3
-One new Legend

(GLOBAL -> Ancient Mysteries)
Dark Agartha

-TSW Samhain 2014 renames to “Samhain 2018” in SWL-mode
-Minor cleanup and tweaks

I have re-enabled Play Store distribution for Jellybean devices… or so I think. I do not have a physical device with Jellybean to test this and Google Play services on an emulated OS that old is spotty. The APK works just fine, but if the Play Store does not serve you the correct version, then please tell me! I am reachable by here, Twitter, email, Enjin, Discord, whatever.

Or you can just nab the download from my blog, which should be up shortly after this post. If you see a duplicate Legends app on your device, then just delete the older one.

The usual caveat applies:

DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE OLDER VERSION IF YOU ARE ON ANDROID 9 / PIE. IT WILL NOT WORK!!!

Have a good Thanksgiving weekend, all! And to the rest of the world, Happy Thursday!

For the next several months, I will be in a position where I cannot work on updates. So on the off-chance that there are new Legends coming, it will have to wait until I get home. I have not abandoned this app. Just giving a heads up.

1 Like

A minor update was submitted. It should be pushed out to devices later today.

v1.7.4
-Updated target SDKs to comply with Google requirements
-Searching for phrases was broken at some point; it is now fixed

1 Like

Here’s a great app you’ve shared
As I am a student I think this would be a great and helpful app for me.