Only person in clan but not the leader?

Game mode: Online official
Type of issue: Bug
Server type: PvP
Region: NA

I’ve been playing on a server for a few months and my clan mates decided they no longer wanted to play. So the leader of the clan logged on, kicked the other player so it was just us two left in the clan. Leader of clan also said he promoted me to leader. On the Clan page when I right clicked his name, it gave me the option to kick, so I did(I probably shouldn’t have done this).

And now I am the only player in my clan but I have no power to change the clan name or invite other players to clan. I have waited a few days to see if a server reset would fix it but no luck.

I’d like to be able to add players to the clan in the future and not be solo forever. I’d also like to keep my base build, location and placed thralls. Which is why I have not just left the clan and created my own.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Join another person’s clan. Make sure it is only you two in clan.
  2. Have them promote you to leader.
  3. Go to the clan page and kick the original leader.
  4. Still in clan but cannot “manage” the clan.

There is a solution, and it really is quite simple, but makes my orifices clench. Leave the clan.

Everything reverts to you as long as there are no others in the clan.

The full process is here, tested this year, but do it at your own peril (this is me ducking responsibility).

Good luck !

Regards

jim

Edited PS: Do not disband. That does bad things.

2 Likes

I beleive you need to be the clan leader in order to get back the structures from leaving the clan ( as the last one ) , but I am not sure the best would be to test the different scenarios in solo ( with a friend , to avoid losing everything ) you might be stuck if I am right and need to be clan leader in order to get back your structures after leaving clan .

Could be, but solo will not work to test, you need coop or a dedicated server. Even an official, if you can get the conditions identical.

We tested in coop and on a dedicated server, but what you say is true, whomever did not leave the clan was leader. That’s going to be the hard one to reproduce.

Good luck !

Regards

jim

This makes me so nervous… but will probably be what I end up having to do. Going to have a friend help store all placeables just in case.

-Adding a screenshot of my clan roster to show my wierd predicament…!
Screenshot (823)|690x388

1 Like

So umm… update: It didn’t work… Lost it all… @Ignasi

Placeables still say the clan name and I can not interact with them :frowning: I’ve lost my builds. Old leader logged in to see if he had access and does not.

I really thought this would work… At least I prepared and opened boxes, but dang… that was a lot of time invested.

My sincere regrets. That must be painful.

If it’s any consolation, we’ve placed the warning on the page describing the process.

It would appear the bug is that the last person in the clan did not default to Leader. That should be automatic.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: for your loss.

Regards

jim

1 Like

sorry for your losses :frowning:

Thank ya’ll for your help tho.

And at least putting the warning on the page will hopefully help someone else if they get into that situation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.