Out of raid hours raid

… So lets be logical and see if you get it… Spreading an exploit around that allows people to destroy bases outside of raid set timers… means allowing folks to be griefed on official servers… where building back up is not the fast experience it is lets say on a 10x server. So how does that increase the desire of players to want to play Conan exiles? How does that assist in growing the community? How does that actually help the development team? When they acknowledged they know about it and are working on it?

I have seen this happen so many times on various mp games where the joe public gamer thinks… LET ME FORCE THEM TO RELEASE AN UPDATE REALLY FAST… I know how lets me be a jerk and tell everyone how to cheat…or just maybe not be a douche and help the community and just warn the developer directly via the correct channels.

3 Likes

maybe you should post that on youtube where this kind of exploit is blown wide open with thousands of views.

Saxon its obvious you agree with that mindset… so hence I posted it here.

I agree with you there, I’ve said it before the hotfix and I’m saying it after: sharing exploits does more harm than good.

Though you have to acknowledge that it feels a little odd that the hotfix arrives shortly after the exploit “went viral” even though it was supposedly reported quite a while ago. But as I can neither verify when it was first reported or when work on the fix started, I have no reason to suspect it’s not just a coincidence - albeit a slightly suspicious-feeling one at that.

2 Likes

I’m also pretty sure(never can be 100% ofc) that it was the fact of the exploit being talked about(altho most posts are about the decay problems and were pointing wrongly at the exploit) made them 'hot’fix it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.