Overhaul of the western Savanna- the crowngrove

The crowngrove - a nice landscape with a few animals and really nothing of major interest. It’s the total opposite of the eastern savanna.
So why not making an overhaul to this Biome.
The landscape should be supplemented by a few water holes, which are the preferred places where animals will stay, as in the Eastern Savanna.
In the western part of the mountains I would place iron and coal deposits, maybe a small cave with a small sulfur deposit.
Some NPC Camps around the pathways to the north would also be nice.

Crowngrove: what’s the meaning of this word? It’s a small group of trees on top of a hill, or a small forest.
Give this place a story. Perhaps this was the place where Tyros and Telith met in secret, hidden from the Priest King’s spies. Place some remains, which will point to this History. Make it a place of interest.

So what do you think Exiles - how should this overhaul look like?

12 Likes

You’re right BiJay. I mean so too.

Yeah you could add dogs of the deserts tribes there including named npcs.

1 Like

They added NPC camps to the south end of it with the relic hunters this patch.

It could use a watering hole.

I could appreciate a cave.

It’s not far from brimstone, steel, or coal. Thralls are stone throw away. White tiger boss is there.

Unique landscape, trees to build in that are usually not filled with noobs.

Only thing “missing” is silk.

So yea, add a cave.

1 Like

As is often the case, I agree with you BiJay. Its not that the Western Savannah is bad in its current state. Its just that there are no variations of the existing creatures from the Eastern Savannah, few points of interest, and little discernable loot. And one usually needs to navigate around the perimeters of the Unnamed City to get there. Im just curious, does anyone actually prefer the Western Savannah, or Frequent it more than the Eastern one? No offence intended, genuine question.

It also bothers me that that the 2 Savannah biomes are not the same uniform yellow colour as the Eastern one. Must be the ocd talking.

1 Like

Since map expansion is a no go, maybe there can be a great flood and the western biome could be changed to marshes. soggy , where speed is actually cut to 75% in certain muddy areas. Also could add in a band of new exile camps and a couple of dungeon entrances with some new beaties roaming around there.

@WhatMightHaveBeen You mean…like a ‘Black Marshlands’ or ‘Bog’ biome…!?

https://forums.funcom.com/t/the-suggestions-of-croms-faithful-pt-2/51227

:wink: Sorry, I couldnt help myself.

2 Likes

Yes, your suggestion is exactly what i was thinking of tbh :slight_smile:

It would definately add a new and unique environment and terrain. And I believe that if we are going to add a new biome/more land/change this one, call it what you will, it should be a unique backdrop such as this, rather than just more jungle, snow, etc. Moreover, the new resource and building material I suggested to accompany it (ie- Clay/Mud nodes, used to create Mudbrick), would finally provide a much needed new T1 building material.

1 Like

Maybe instead of T1, T2. T1 is very low level (think gilligans Island(yes i am that old to remember that show)), and this area seems to be more of mid level where harvesting for mud brick would be a level 20-30 feat.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.