Server type: N/A
Region: Asia/Pacific
Mods?: No
Edition: Game Pass

Bug Description:

See below.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Download game
  2. Run game, from anywhere, desktop, in app, etc.
  3. Game fails to load
  4. That’s it, it doesn’t even load from the initial startup screen

Hi,
I really enjoy this game. Have played for a few months via console gamepass but certain ui interactions are tedious and poorly designed, and so I want to switch to pc gamepass. I have the game through gamepass and purchased the Isle of Siptah dlc via Xbox 1 S console. I have also downloaded the game to my PC. The game will not load beyond the opening image of male and female characters standing there looking awesome. I am not a game developer. I cannot understand the alphanumeric nonsense that my pc produces when trying to load the game. Here is a screenshot of the message:
Scratch that, ‘new users cannot upload images’ and so cannot communicate effectively and so cannot receive assistance easily…
Anyway, it’s some nonsense about ‘marketplace paks’ ‘not being the expected one’, which does not really seem like something I can fix or even really comprehend. I mean, how does the Xbox pc app and Conan Exiles game not recognise it’s own self and it’s own components? How is it that the game doesn’t just understand what it is and what it has and just load up?
Over 3 hours of my time with this, it’s really frustrating and is putting me off the game. I will likely delete it and request a refund for the Siptah purchase if this cannot be easily resolved. This is 3 hours that I could have been playing this game, but no, I am here, typing this.

None of the ‘versions’ of the game available via gamepass will load on my pc.
Other games I have downloaded work fine
I have repaired/verified the file.
I have updated the game, several times, and it updates, for a moment, then tells me it’s ready, then doesn’t load and gives me an error screen about ‘paks’.
I have tried the file verification process with virus protection software switched off.
I have perused Google.
I have failed.

It’s really disappointing and deflating.

Please help me with this.

Kind regards,
TrapKill.

Greetings,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please try to perform a fresh installation of the game in the C drive. We already communicated this issue to the platform holder.

Regarding the template, it’s in place only on the Bugs pages to assist the users to structure the issue and to assist our team with a better understanding of the issue.

We hope this helps!

1 Like

make sure you have a shortcut on your desktop then try right clicking and run as administrator.
thats what is currently working for me

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, and sorry for my delayed response. It is now the end of the week and I have some spare time.
I am about to download the game and reinstall it to C drive.
A simple location transfer was not working.
I anticipate it will be done downloading in a little while.
Again, thanks.
-TrapKill :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,
Thanks for responding.
I attempted this, and the game still did not boot up. However, the game is installed to my larger, secondary drive, D drive. I am reinstalling it to my primary drive, C drive.
Will post about my results in the morning.
Thanks again.
TrapKill :slight_smile:

1 Like