PC Patch (30.01.2020) - January Patch: General, Exploit, UI, NPC and more fixes

in the notes there are still no signs that Dancers and Pets recover health with healing arrows, I will continue waiting

OFF TOPIC (Maybe): Though it’s likely me or the UK, but coincidentally, Steam seems down and my server no longer does what it’s supposed to. Am only posting this in here in case it’s more widespread. Internet suggests an outage for Steam at present?
Will look forward to checking the update out once things work again. In the meantime, standard recommendations for Admins to backup before running the Update and expect issues with Mods if your server(s) use them. :vulcan_salute:

1 Like

Some MODs are not resolved even if updated to the latest version.
Check the main program.

Larathiel, that has been my experience for as long as I can remember. There are a few places I farm, killing most, grabbing any T4s and looting the chest behind the hut. Unless ‘sufficient’ time has passed, the preview is the remainder of the loot I chose not to take previously, but the contents are new. I close every chest with E and have done so, well, forever ?

The reason I just accepted it is that I farm a camp, flip over and work on the Wiki or do my laundry and return to game after around 15 minutes. Typical behavior with legendary chests is a 15 minute boss respawn and a 20 minute chest respawn (some deviate). Quite candidly, I don’t really care because I was there for the NPCs, not the loot, and check the loot box every other time.

I only mention this because, at least to me on a dedicated server, it’s constant and not an issue.

And I fully agree with your last statement !

Regards

jim

Ducky, For some odd reason, I expected some sort of problem like that with Hanuman’s the first time I went in with multiple sacrifices. I split the stack and gave my thrall all except one and repeated that process until all were accepted. Please accept this as a potential solution to the issue, but post a new thread if you consider it a bug. Funcom listens !

Thank you !

Regards

jim

Edited PS: I have not tested this after this morning’s release. Your mileage may vary.

You’re fortunate then. On the Official I play on, chests would fail to refresh their contents if a chest was not fully looted, and also left in the open state. It had been like this on this server for as long as I’ve been there, which is over a year and a half now. This was a major source of aggravation for everyone playing, especially since there have been so many new dungeons of late, and getting loot from chests in them is kind of a big deal. It really sucked to finish Warmakers and get nothing from the final boss’ chests (the ones requiring Rusted Keys) because they had been only partially looted AND left open by the prior player.

4 Likes

Still no camera shake option…

3 Likes

Kudos, guys, for bug fixes that I personally welcome !

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I envisioned many people in a large room working feverishly on prioritizing the forthcoming year, taking into account feasibility, resources, customer reception, system impacts, potential revenue, costs and other similar things.

I was obviously wrong.

Very well done, team ! :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Regards

jim

Confirming Steam outage, Western US Region. Colorado. Also report(s) from California, Arizona, Georgia and Virginia. Manitoba, Quebec and Ottawa, ON, plus several nations in Europe and the UK.

For this reason I’m unable to play, but am grateful for all the feedback so far! Great stuff!

3 Likes

Yep. The graphs are showing some upwards tendencies, but I still think @Ignasi broke something :slight_smile:

…Once had a corporate network outage - the guilty party (not me) had unplugged am unsecured server plug

2 Likes

Still no option to disable combat musick. I cannot imagine why this isn’t tied into the musick slider in the game’s audio options.

Farming Rhinos and Elephants they tent to fly a few hundred yards away when killed.

1 Like

Stiff clothing bug is still not fixed… Funcom COME OOOON! :frowning:

Thank you!!! #makegreatswordsgreatagain

Edit: and thank you for a patch that focuses on a swath of bug fixes!

2 Likes

IK chance for Funcom to notice it is small, but when will UI obstructing chat be fixed for players using 4:3 monitors?

It’s basically impossible to see what others wrote as newest message, because 1st inventory slot covers the chat box :frowning:

2 Likes

Well hell, how i am going to resupply my 2 plant fibers, and 5 bones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hasn’t been my experience. On the servers(s) I where play(ed), it only depended on whether you closed the chest with ESC or action key. Looting it partially of fully didn’t make any difference.

Whenever I ran into a chest that wasn’t refreshing, I would destroy it and then do the whole PSA shtick in global chat :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I always knew #1502 was kind of special, just didn’t realize it was of the “eats paste” variety. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

an entire half-hour?

i feel this is too generous

1 Like

Hello i speak from spain, the europe oficial server number 1150 is giving issues, when you start in the server it kick you off, notifying something about battleye