PC Hotfix (11.02.2020) - Critical fixes

Greetings Exiles!

We wanted to address a few critical issues introduced in the January patch that affected gameplay. We’ve also re-balanced some 1-handed damage multipliers based on community feedback.
We’re still working on AI improvements aimed to enhance the follower system experience which will be rolled out in the next couple of content patches.

Thanks for your ongoing feedback and support.

Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed.

notes
performance

• Fixed an issue that would cause rubberbanding on a player character especially after using a map room or teleporting.
  • Fixed a crashing issue regarding crafting queues.

exploits

• Fixed an issue regarding stacking certain placeables.
  • Fixed an exploit regarding player disconnections in dedicated servers.

balancing

• Reduced damage multiplier of 1h maces first attack (from 2 to 1.33)
  • Reduced damage multiplier of 1h axes first attack (from 1.5 to 1.33)

general

• Players should no longer die randomly in single player when interacting with certain meshes or reaching certain locations.

8 Likes

Just why?

3 Likes

Reducing the 1H damage was a bad idea. Still not sure how this patch was 1.2 GB…You guys are leaving stuff out of patch notes.

7 Likes

Curious also.

that’s such a lazy weapon fix. long live scripts i guess.

why the hell is the dmg changed, who cares? can be set by admin everyone do it themselves, it would be much better, for example, to deactivate the DLC window.
or to ensure better performance.

3 Likes

What about the elevator desync glitch? You guys should fix that.

8 Likes

Hello,

It would be good to warn of a possible update in the game menu, to allow us to apprehend the update, because playing alone with a slow connection, on PvP server, I must prepare myself as quickly as possible for daily assault of a tribe of several players

Hate to the updates for our followers ! :smiley:

Blame PvP-ers :rofl:
Because of one-handed weapon attack animation cancelling they where able to put a player down in 2-3 strikes.

3 Likes

Please note that only the damage multiplier of the first hit of the combo has been altered. Any other damage values remain unaltered.
Animation cancelling is being looked into at the moment but didn’t make it into this patch.

3 Likes

Yup. Seems to me this should be fixed, rather than nerfing the damage of weapon types that were already underwhelming (unless abused with scripts/macros/whatever it is PvP’ers do).

Easier said than done, I know, but still. These kinds of hide-the-symptoms fixes are never a good look.

13 Likes

Good stuff. My players will be happy to have their land-legs back under them.

Is fall damage restored to normal also?

xD

So rather than fix the animation cancel speed being exploited you just nerf the weapons first attack…Okay

also 1.2GB… looks like you are trojan horsing a new DLC or some big update with this patch, More of that we listened transparency looks like.

2 Likes

Please remain civil and respectful :slight_smile:

9 Likes

STOP NERF WEAPONS. Pvp is already slow in how it is now when you guys messed up the abillity to mix medium and light armor. Now everyone is rolling heavy with 1000 armor points.

It’s obvious that devs dont play the game like they say. Nerfed the spear, saying in livestream nothing changed to it shows alot what level we are at atm.

6 Likes

How do we report hacker’s now that the players list is gone?

1 Like

When this patch will come too x box ??

You know its nice to get fixes but always a weapon nerf somewhere in every single patch why? I am on the forums daily do not remember anyone asking for another weapon nerf but guess us talking about not nerfing them gets misunderstood lol. Just makes it one more weapon that will become unused and useless. Getting quite a collection of them now.

Holy 1.2 g for a small ( 1.2g is not small btw)

I have reread the patch notes a few times but do not see a fix for the bug with Hanuman altar offering???

Someone mentioned that maces do too much damage on their first attack.
But I can’t remember reading the same about axes…

3 Likes