PC Server Side Settings Bug: Player Encumbrance Multiplier

Game mode: [Enter game mode here: (Online official | Online private | Single-player)] Online Private Server - Gportal Server
Type of issue: [Enter one of the following: Crash | Bug | Performance | Misc] BUG
Server type: [Enter one of the following: PvP | PvE-Conflict | PvE] PvE Server (although would effect all 3)
Region: [Please enter your server region] America (East Coast)

[Describe the bug here] Changing the PC Server Side settings - Player Encumbrance Multiplier to be lower so players can carry more. After each change, the server encumbrance / weight is the exact same as before the change. The change is on the server settings ini file is confirmed.

I do have mods but that should have no play or issue with this change.

Please provide a step-by-step process of how the bug can be reproduced. The more details you provide us with the easier it will be for us to find and fix the bug:

1. Reset the server settings for PlayerEncumbranceMultiplier=1 to 0.5 and 0.25
  2. Restarted server with new settings.
  3. Also Tested it based on the official server where its 1.0 multiplier
  4. Noticed no changes when I made changes in that setting (after I saved and restarted the server) Other settings did change after the restart (Maelstorm cooldown timer extended to 120 minutes for example).
  5. Repeated process #1 when I changed it from 0.5 to 0.25 (same result in the long run)

Thank you.

This is an Old problem.
Basically Server settings revert to whatever they were before character creation.

If you would be interested in a work around?

Back up your game.db located in conansandbox/saved
Start a new game, set server settings before character creation.
make a new character. Exit and restore original game.db
You should now be back where you were, and the setting will stick.

Alliteratively

Edit ServerSettings located in conansandbox/saved/Config/WindowsNoEditor
then make the file read only.

Would that work with a live server (not a single player situation)?

Hey @Sir.Henry.Vale

Thanks for the heads-up. We’ve sent note to our team so they can look into it.
@droch-aon Just to clarify, this issue happens only on listen servers? (single-player/coop)

1 Like

I thought we were talking about single player, or a private server.
The server needs to be taken off line, but the process is quick.

And yes this workaround will work for both, I was running a small private server as well as a single player game.

The private server, is the last place I used this workaround, it was where I tested Mods.
As long as you restore the game.db after, you’ll keep all of your and your guests progress.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.