Pc shutting down

all game modes: on server and singleplayer

Pc is shutting down when i hit npcs ingame

I can start the game and can do anything except hitting any npcs

@Jysbs this sounds like file corruption.

1. Re-boot your PC and open Steam.
  2. Right-click on Conan Exiles (on the left)
  3. Click on Properties
  4. Click on the Local Files tab
  5. Click on “VERIFY INTEGRITY OF GAME FILES…”

If that doesn’t work, you may have to backup your saved games from this folder (default location shown below), and uninstall/reinstall the game.
C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox\Saved

Hey @Jysbs

Welcome to our community.
Additionally to what @Atali suggested, please make sure to disable any mods and see if the issue happens again with them disabled, then enable them one by one to find the possible culprit.

1 Like

Thank you
I already tested all the suggestions but nothing helped

NPCs are also resource hogs. What are the specs of your PC? Do you have any tools that show you the temps of the CPU and GPU? Try running one of the performance test programs that really put a high stress load on your PC and see if that shuts you down too.

HAve you tried Conan in “low end laptop mode”? Set your FPS limiter in Conan to the minimum too. Anything to lower the work load your PC will have, to see if it is somehow overworking your machine.

Are your fans running? Have you set your power settings to passive cooling only?

Hopefully something above helps track it down.

Thank you
I also tried low settings but it didnt help
My Pc:
Geforce gtx 1080
Intel Core i7-6850K 3.60 GHz
32 Gb Ram
GPU and CPU arent overheating
I dont have any problems with other games
Can play games like ARK or RDR2 on high graphic settings

Are you new to Conan? First time playing, hit NPCs and boom, PC dies? Wondering if things had been working fine before and this is something new that just started happening.

its not a new problem
I played the game with a friend some time ago by only using a bow
Now I want to restart playing and I hoped the problem has been solved but its still there
I just have to hit npcs with a pickaxe an axe or a sword or anything else and the pc instantly dies

Havent really heard about such an issue which makes me think it is something specific to you. I have a few questions:

Do you run the game on HDD or SSD?
What are your screen resolution and refresh rate?
Do you have a lot of programs running in the background?
Have you tried lowering the graphic settings as suggested? Experience with other game is irrelevant.
Do you run the game with vsync forced off and fps uncapped?
Since 32gb is a lot of memory, the next suspect is your PSU (power supply).

1. HDD
  2. 1080x1920, 144Hz
  3. only discord or internet browser
  4. I tried everything, also every vsync setting
  5. 650W - Corsair Vengeance 650M

I would try the following:

1. Move the game on SSD, assuming you have one, to see whether the issue persists (could be an issue with the HDD).
  2. Still think that the PSU might be causing issues or there is some faulty connection.

I have similar hardware to yours (my game is on SSD). Your monitor seems pretty standard. I have no such issues and I play with heavy mods as well as vanilla. So something is stressing your pc or you don’t get enough power when playing the game, forcing your pc to shut down.

While the game can definitely use some optimization, I dont think this specific issue is a game issue per se. Hope you find a way to fix it.

In Windows’ Event Viewer – are there any error messages or codes in the same timeframe of the sudden shutdown?

Did you update all audio and video drivers?

Does the issue persist if you disable your audio driver in device manager prior to launching the game?

Thank you
I tried that and it worked for a while (30 minutes)
But now my PC shuts down again

Only when I hit an NPC and sometimes when an NPC or a Player hits me
With and without mods

Couldnt find anything in Event Viewer
All the drivers are updated
I’ll test to disable audio driver

Disabled my audio driver but it didnt help

As a test to see if it is video related, if you have a video card control panel (I know Nvidia does), you can set it to use the integrated video from motherboard chip set, rather than the discreet video. Gives much lower graphics performance, but that doesn’t really matter for testing purposes. Just run the game in low end laptop mode when you do the test.

Which connector (cable) are you using for monitor and, do you have more than one monitor plugged in?

In theory It should not be a problem, but I have seen and heard of Issues regarding my question both for CE and games with similar hardware demands.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.