PC Update (06.01.2021) - Update 2.2: Bug fixing, stamina and shield overhauls!

Am guessing it’s only Official or select server host companies - and possible slower connections out there?

The only times I get any lag on my private servers is (a) sometimes when logging in first time per day (resolved by hopping back to main menu and straight back in), and (b) when running up to mega-bases. My servers have mods so any issues on that front are not unexpected.

I never have stuttering issues in the game-towns, medium bases or dungeons.

Hey everybody,

We’re adding a new change into the patchnotes that just has been confirmed to be part of the build. It is an intended change but was left out of the patchnotes due to miscommunication. (also shoutout to @Narelle who brought it up during Testlive).

Under balance changes:

• Penetration values of “Oil of Penetration” and “Spiked Weapon Fitting” have been lowered (down by 5%).
8 Likes

Thank you so much for the confirmation on these changes.

2 Likes

Further to Ignasis’ post and to avoid confusion:
Oil of Penetration: +20% now vs +25% before
Spiked Weapon Fitting: +10% now vs +15% before
Master Weapon Fitting remains at 12%

Hi, does anyone have a soluton to the low FPS (lagging) issue after the update 2.2.?
I have it with and without mods.
its nearly unplayable and is a pain in the ■■■…
thanks for your feedback!

5 Likes

Edited the line, now just mentioning “down by 5%” to be less confusing.

4 Likes

Why was damage of tellith’s sorrow and black ice broadsword reduced?

Cause there is always a nerf in some weapons every single patch.

Make report about it we were told in testlive that these “ghost nerfs” to a lot of weapons and trust me there were a crap ton in test live @Narelle can confirm this as there are lots of threads made by them about it… they are unintended a lot of times. Now we do know it happens that nerfs don’t get put in patch notes but instead of putting it in this long thread make a report on it and any other weapon nerfs you find so it can be clarified as a nerf done on purpose or a bug.

Hey, having also lag spike issues every 3-5 second even if im just standing still. Graphic settings or higher fps makes no difference. Everything worked perfectly but after 2.2 update it was just horrible. I’m playing on singleplayer co-op server. I hope there will be a fix for the problem soon, cant play the game because its unplayable right now :confused:

3 Likes

Скажите пожалуйста, конкретный день когда ждать нам фиксов? Играть невозможно, просто нет сил. Хотя бы на этой неделе будет фикс?

А недостаточно скоро это когда? Шо за ответ то?)))

eugen1201 (sorry “I can’t mention”, rules of forum) So, after some testings I came up to this “solution”. First (and always) do a copy/backup of your ‘Saved’ folder.

Create a RAM Drive using imdisk, for example. Not too big. Just for holding the Saved folder. Could be 200MB. Lets call that drive ‘R’ like Ram
Then create a folder there named for example ConanSaved in that drive. So in R:\ConanSaved you have your game.db etc…

In …\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox delete the Saved folder (remember to copy it first!!) (and make a backup!!!)
Then using CMD in comand line go to your ‘…\Conan Exiles\ConanSandbox’ directory and type:

mklink /D Saved R:\ConanSaved

This creates a symbolic link to the ram drive. So, when UE4 writes to ‘Saved’ is really saving to the ram drive.

Using this, all the writes will be the fastest since they’ll go to ram. All the reads will be still the same. (BTW if you have more than 64Gb of ram, you can copy all the game there).

Be aware that, if your computer crashes or it reboots THE RAM DRIVE WILL BE DELETED!. So after playing you can make another copy to your HDD/SSD (from R:\ConanSaved to local drive).

Regarding of the writings of game.db, there are still reads (like texture streaming, etc…) from UE4 stuff. So there will always be spikes in lag. But, reading and writing at the same time same drive… lack of performance…

Ignasis (sorry “I can’t mention”, rules of forum) I encourage you to check with the developers this issue, related to game.db, and reduce the frequency of writings. Probably increasing the journaling buffer of the sqlite3 db. If they do it on a thread, they just have to increase a “yield timer”. As related of writings on HDD, the less the better.

I personally think that this “bug” is something, someone forgot to change before the release.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Currently put a 200 ping cap on my server, Land of the Exiles, and it killed the lag, but I have players who can’t play. Stuttering makes game unplayable. Been surfing for days (exaggerated) trying to find a remedy. Their time is important, can we get this fixed soon? If I’m missing something please, let me know.

1 Like

Well i want to go back to Conan after this update , but now i see how they destroy another 2h weapons like Telith Sorrow , i dont want play anymore its maybe trivial mather but for me , its simple sign how in couple of months they nerf another weapons and sey its balance .

Please make a thread about any “Ghost nerfs” that you find we were told during testlive that a lot of the swords that have been nerfed was unintended and was fixed in a hotfix… not sure how they made it to love but instead of screaming about the ghost nerfs please make a bug report about them. So they don’t miss any please make a separate thread for each weapon found that way if it comes back as an intended change they can update the information released in the update or it can be fixed

Game crashing since update whenever I or my follower get in deep water, also all my followers sound like lions.

idk what happened but im now spawn stuck between my wall and furnace… tried everything, what do i do now?!!

Any chance there can be an option for the white horse with the black mane and tail? I actually liked that version. :slight_smile:

Its been 30 minutes…hopefully you came up with something. On the off chance you may still be stuck, did you try to delete the furnace?