PC Update (13.03.2019) Optimize those buildings and Contest!

This is a great Job. It change the life. Many thanks )

3 Likes

Really happy to hear the optimization is working well so far. Also welcome to the community @Sable :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Question: Any knowledge why raid damage isnt possible during raid time?
(Private modded, EU)

Edit:
Seems it was related to any setting. Settings for players might have shown something different than the actual settings of that server. Everything fine now!

1 Like

It could be a mode issue. The DevKit has not been released yet but we are working on it.
Unless we’ll get reports from official or non modded servers as well.

2 Likes

Yes! Love the optimization! All our buildings popped in so fast! Our large community market rendered in whole instead of popping in a few pieces at a time. It was awesome!

4 Likes

Oh for sure, we are planning on more building contests in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey, nobody tell Sven about the building contest. That guy will win hands down!

4 Likes

:see_no_evil: :hear_no_evil: :speak_no_evil:

2 Likes

I have an arguably dumb question about the contest: is the use of admin panel allowed? In other words, do we have to just be creative with builds or do we also have to grind for the mats?

1 Like

only thing they said was no mods.

2 Likes

Thanks! I’m excited to be here. Logged over 2k hours in-game but never managed to join the forums apparently. I rectified this today :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Not a dumb question at all and yes, you’re absolutely allowed to use admin powers :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Tascha
Thanks for building optimization!

Pls. Return the craft bark as it was. Or return the level of extraction of bark from trees twice as much as it was. Why did you do it without reason?
If one person complains that he has too much bark, it does not mean that it is easy to get. This means that he simply does not spend it. Throw out easier than to get.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying, @Tascha. Also, since I normally post only to complain about something, I wanted to take the opportunity to thank the dev team for the building optimization. Stuff like that is never trivial to implement.

4 Likes

Sure thing. Constructive Feedback is necessary and very much appreciated so don’t worry. However, it’s also super nice to hear positive things. Especially since we can take that back to the team as well :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@Tascha congratz for all team, this fix have more kind to play with great bases!!!

now, are there plans for optimization the rest of placeables?

And speaking for next content updates, what are the road path now?

1 Like

We will share more info when we are ready and have more info to share :slight_smile:

Very impressive patch! Well done :slight_smile: 10 times faster loading of bases, that’s a giant leap for this game. The next would be 70 man servers - you can do it :smiley:

4 Likes

Full loading is not massively faster for me (but still noticeably so :+1: ) but more importantly, the “outer walls” seem to load much faster, meaning you don’t get the “broken bases” look while running towards something nearly as often. Great work!

3 Likes

I will join the rest giving a hearty Congratulations to FunCOm for delivering flawlessly on this. I have a giant Admin-village that always takes ages to spawn in. I also have at least one mega-build player who makes pyramid building look like childs play. All mega-bases have appeared almost instantly. This is an excellent update.

(there will be a lot of raiders/griefers annoyed as they no longer can spy into bases pre-raiding.)lol

3 Likes