Hello PC Exiles,
We’re very happy to bring you the highly anticipated building optimization update today!
To celebrate, we are also starting our very first official Conan Exiles Building contest! Check out the details, and the fun prizes you can win, right here.
This patch also includes a few general fixes while we still keep working on exploit fixes and all other aspects of the game.
Please remember that updates can mess with your installed mods. We suggest taking a backup of your current database before updating to any new patch if you have mods installed. If you run into issues, remember to mention in your bug report that you do have mods installed.
- We have been working on improving the loading times and general optimizations for buildings. Conan Exiles doesn’t have any limits for how big you can build and we want you to put these changes through their paces. Please note that this is for structural buildings only, and not placeables such as torches, campfires, crafting stations and doors.
Loading in buildings has gone from this:
- The new Building Optimizations are now available!
- It is no longer possible to acquire Fragments of Power by dismantling the Blunted Javelin in the Dismantling bench
- No more zooming Gazelles. Their run speed has been lowered - this should help with both catching up to them and their tendency to desynch
- Both Stacked and Unstacked Armor Patch Kits now work again
- Fixed an issue where dice rolling was only working in multiplayer. All your dices are now fixed
- Fixed an issue where the game would freeze after you press ESC while having your GUI hidden
Currently Known Issues
- In certain rare cases you might encounter a building that hasn’t rendered in properly and might be invisible. If this happens, reconnecting should resolve the issue
- When placing building pieces quickly or from weird angles you might not be able to connect new building pieces to a freshly placed building piece. Modifying the building around it (placing down additional building pieces replacing what you most recently put down) should make things work properly again.
We will hotfix these issues in the future, but we wanted to roll out the building optimizations
Trello Report Board
We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the "For prioritization" column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.
Separate TestLive Product on Steam
We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.
If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called "Conan Exiles - Testlive Client" in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.
We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.
Thank you for your ongoing support, feedback and willingness to work together with us to make Conan Exiles the best it can be.
Thank you for being part of our community!