PC Hotfix (07.03.2019) - Turn Those Trebuchets

Hey everyone!

The patch train keeps a-rolling and we have another update for the PC version of Conan Exiles. This will balance out the resources you get back from the Dismantling Bench, and the amount of Steelfire you need to make Dragonpowder. Finally, you’ll now be able to rotate trebuchets again!

notes
crafting

• Reduced the amount of materials returned from the Dismantling bench as it was a bit high
  • Dragonpowder now again requires 100 Steelfire to craft

exploits

• Fixed an issue that allowed you to run the client at a much higher speed than intended.

balancing

• The Siege Hammer no longer has a multiplier for Siege Damage. The Hammer stats will stay the same but another bonus will be added to it later.

general

• It should now be possible to rotate trebuchets again

community

Trello Report Board

We have a public bug tracking board here! You can check this to track the issues that get brought up by the community the most. In the “For prioritization” column you can vote for the issues you would like us to prioritize and we will make sure it gets moved into development asap. You can read the full details on how it works on the forum post here.

Separate TestLive Product on Steam

We heard your input regarding the inconvenience with having to switch back and forth between the main game and our TestLive servers. To make it easier for you and because we really value your testing and feedback, we added a separate product for the TestLive server on Steam.

If you own Conan Exiles on Steam, you should now see a separate Product called “Conan Exiles - Testlive Client” in your library which gives you the option to install an additional instance of the game specifically for the TestLive servers. Please be aware that this will prompt you for a full additional installation.

We are aware that not everyone wants install or has space for two full installations. For those of you who don’t want to play through the additional TestLive Client, you can still access the TestLive servers through our old method.

8 Likes

It should now be possible to rotate trebuchets again

You DID test that, did you? :slight_smile:

Can you please fix the crashes first? It does not matter if we get updates for USELESS TREBUCHETS… if we cannot play the freaking game cause the server CRASH ALL THE TIME, and we loose all our invetories! Damn i’m just so pissed off seeing you guys ignoring the problem… Your most populated server, got issues.

omg guys really the Dismantling Bench why is it even in game anymore

First arrows — gone , bummer but could live with it
Now all the rest – useless to bring to back to base

Why not just keep it at 50% please

2 Likes

Gotta make sure to look good for the weekend.

Tested it myself, in fact!

We have been working on performance issues as well, but I need you to provide me with more details before I can say anything about your specific issue. Is this on PC or on consoles? Are the crashes seemingly happening at random or under certain conditions?

Forgot a note, so added this as well:
exploits

• Fixed an issue that allowed you to run the client at a much higher speed than intended.
1 Like

@Alexandraa I can’t report any crashes, the game works stable on our private dedicated server.

Was the issue rotating Thralls fixed? (Sorry, update is downloading as I type) :slight_smile:

• Using Steam Controller, character would enter ‘crouch mode’ and not be able to rotate thralls.

Update:
Just got to test it - Rotating Thralls works again with Steam Controller/PC.
(No longer entering crouch mode - only happened after the patch)

Seeing it wasn’t listed as a fix… not sure what ‘solved it’ - but, its working! :slight_smile:

Well… it’s the server that crashes… not gameclient. It crashed Tuesday around lunch time, in the evening around 21.00 and up again 03.00 at night, and same on Wednesday it crashed in the morning right after the restart at 6.10 and been of untill lunch, to crash once again in the evening also around 21.00
During last night’s crash, note: while it was crashed/down/not able to join the server : I’ve had 4, yes 4 purges in a row destroing most of the things. server restarted sometime around 22.30 and i could just read the log :slight_smile: 4 purges lost items, pets… and so on. And it’s an official server #1005… we are almost full server all the time… most populated server and nicest comunity… but we cannot play. We go around with stone tools in order to not loose more stuff… It’s not fun and not okay. And yes PC version for most of us on the server…

No crashes experienced here.
Have you verified the integrity of your game files?
Are you experiencing a mod conflict?
Is your server experiencing a hardware issue?

Damn… please read… it’s not the gameclient! It’s the server that crashes! Official server.

Sorry if rageous… but i’m too angry atm… :frowning:

I did read. If you’ll look, I posted to your first message. By the time I finished, you had added more information in the second post. I know I’ve left out important details when I first post something, so that’s all that happened here. You did the same thing I do and left out the detail that it was your server, not your game client.

And please note, that we’re trying to help you; we’re not trying to belittle you or make fun of you or even claim that you did anything wrong. Stay calm. Let us help you fix this problem.

4 Likes

Thank you for the additional info! :slight_smile: Word back from the dev team is that this issue is being looked into and we’re working on building a reproduction case so we can fix it.

3 Likes

Thanks, we all from #1005 appreciate that. And … for more info right now server is crashed… Again. Like max 5 min ago everyone was thrown off the server.

2 Likes

this is the solution to macros scripts and weapon glitches i guess? like a global cooldown?

great stuff guys keep it coming

It’s one of the solutions. We rolled out a fix for the infinite stamina and the weapon glitches yesterday :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Why does it always feel like consoles get the short end of the stick… continue to update test live… update pc… crickets when it comes to consoles… " you’ll get the patch but we dont know when"… lol seriously?

This is no different to people on the Isle of Sky UK, complaining as to why their mail takes longer to get delivered.

It has been explained soooo many times as to the reasons why it takes longer for consols to get updated. Its not Funcoms fault. You bought into a platform which causes the issue, don’t like the wait? Buy a PC.

Just because your platform has a built in delay for rolling out updates, should all the PC players have to wait for their update until you can get it too?

7 Likes