PC Update (13.03.2019) Optimize those buildings and Contest!

@Tascha congratz for all team, this fix have more kind to play with great bases!!!

now, are there plans for optimization the rest of placeables?

And speaking for next content updates, what are the road path now?

1 Like

We will share more info when we are ready and have more info to share :slight_smile:

Very impressive patch! Well done :slight_smile: 10 times faster loading of bases, that’s a giant leap for this game. The next would be 70 man servers - you can do it :smiley:

4 Likes

Full loading is not massively faster for me (but still noticeably so :+1: ) but more importantly, the “outer walls” seem to load much faster, meaning you don’t get the “broken bases” look while running towards something nearly as often. Great work!

3 Likes

I will join the rest giving a hearty Congratulations to FunCOm for delivering flawlessly on this. I have a giant Admin-village that always takes ages to spawn in. I also have at least one mega-build player who makes pyramid building look like childs play. All mega-bases have appeared almost instantly. This is an excellent update.

(there will be a lot of raiders/griefers annoyed as they no longer can spy into bases pre-raiding.)lol

3 Likes

I am kind of curious what the choices will be picked to rebuild some buildings. I think I would rather try to build fictional stuff (you know, buildings shown in movies) over real buildings.
Mh… maybe I will try it myself, but I dont know yet… It is appealing to be enabled to support the server I play on by winning and giving them the reward… On the other hand, usually I’m bad when trying to recreate real stuff or other fictional stuff. While others rebuilt whole cathedrals in minecraft…

Btw I just realized that one isle on the newbie river might have been meant as an easter egg. :astonished:

1 Like

I also would like to bear hug @Scooper, but that’s because I hear he smells like apples! Seriously though, thanks for this update, I’m having an absolute blast!

Which do you mean? :thinking:

Questions about the contest: Do we need to turn off any ad hoc post-processing for brightness or color-correction (for instance the Intel System Tray applet that allows us to color-correct and/or anti-alias)? Are we allowed to use the Ansel feature provided by GeForce Experience?

1 Like

It’s totally fine to use ansel

1 Like

I’ve been encouraging the players on my server to build something for this event, even setup a server just for this. A question which keeps coming up is: Will they be judging the interior decor or just the outside of the building?

1 Like

Hm…
Another question, Tasha.
Do the buildings require to be fully functional? Meaning them having a inside? Or is only the view on the building required?

It’s really up to you. It’s fine to just do the exterior (depending on what your reference picture looks like). Naturally we will judge by how close that building is to it’s counterpart.

However, we will of course also judge if someone puts extra effort into adding the interior according to the reference they work from. It does not have to be functional. It’s really up to you regarding how close to the actual reference you want it to be.

Let’s say the Eiffel Tower in itself is already impressive and probably quite difficult to replicate so we wouldn’t judge if there is no interior added :wink:

On the other hand, a fairly simple exterior structure might be much more interesting because of it’s interior setup/design.

So, ultimately it’s up to you and depends on what kind of reference you work with :slight_smile:
I hope that helps!

6 Likes

Thanks for the patch, optimisation is still a fine thing ! :+1:

And i look forward to see lot of great, amazing, and beautiful creations very next.
Happy building to all !

2 Likes

Grease orb doesn’t keep fire going anymore.

Well, this looks really fun! I sadly won’t be able to compete on this one. My all day play days are over. I just acquired a real life building project that will dominate my time for the next 3 months, but I can’t wait to see what everyone creates.

@Tascha
I think we should have either this or a new thread dedicated to all the creations, but only after the contest is complete and prizes awarded. Everyone is going to put a ton of work into this and that work should be seen by all, for more inspiration on how to build our next bases. The game I was addicted to before I discovered Conan is Wurm Online and they have a thread dedicated to all the amazing buildings people have created. Just awe inspiring what folks have assembled over the years.

I’ll be honest with you though, the placable artwork is by far the best prize. Anyone can buy server time :wink:

Such a great contest!

4 Likes

Best wishes to you, @sirvink, and I hope your RL building snaps together as well as in CE :slight_smile:

See your welcome contributions in a few months.

Regards

jim

2 Likes

Hey folks! Just a quick heads up that we rolled out a hotfix for PC. It’s a crash fix related to the new building optimizations that we previously rolled out on Wednesday for servers only. The fix has now been integrated so it works in single-player as well. There are no patch notes.

9 Likes

Impressive support, what are you feeding your dev team? :wink: You guys are doing a relentless job there! :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Shadespiced Kvikk Lunsj

3 Likes

2 Likes

Had to look it up. Makes totally sense to me! :joy:
Imagines big guys with glowing eyes in front of their computers

1 Like