[PC] Update #33: Combat Revamp, Fast Travel, Farming, and Purge

Thank you for answering so fast

Broken already can’t put weapons in thralls hands.

Weapons go in the thrall’s inventory and the thrall draws the appropriate weapon when needed.

LOL Everything is gonna be okaaaaaaay. Calm dooowwwnn.

Yes, I was thinking the same…

Reality is it’s even worse, as there was no wipe with old stuff being still on those servers, causing a ton of else “bugs” (mostly visual stuff) on them. (Which is only natural with tons of changes being introduced while keeping the “ancient” stuff. Damage numbers behave weird as well. Black ice sword dealt damage like some poor stone sword hehe.)
Like I got 3 icons in handcrafting with me getting told I can craft them 2.???.???.??? times. Of course it wont happen. Got some weird square in emotions-menu and probably a few more. Also that upgraded-ceiling-loosing placables is applied there as well. Also fell into my smelting/smith cellar and had to dissolve a foundation, a furnace and a smith bench. Well… Testlive, isnt it? Oh… wait!

But I dont care. There is going to be a full wipe in little over 2 weeks anyway. Fingers crossed the performance and bugs can really be dealt with.

So it wasnt enough that there were multiple people having lags/rubberbanding in testlive already? I think I should have reported that as well. I thought enough already told about this, so I didnt - may have been wrong about this.

I’m wondering the same thing. Is there a reason to keep terstlive running on our private servers currently?

So are the new bioms in live now?

No. They weren’t in testlive yet.

:frowning: oh, well at least I have this to look forward too after work

Not really, but sorta. If you are in a private server with admin rights or single player you can ghost under the cursewall and get into the new biomes. However, not much is there ATM. Just flatland and a few floating objects.

The actual biomes won’t launch until May 8.

We’ve been having some networking hiccups when patching the live servers, which means that the patch process has taken a little longer than we’d like. Servers will be coming up as they’re being patched.

If they’re not showing up in your client server feed we advise you to check back tomorrow after the daily restart (5am local server time). G-Portal has told us they’re working on ironing out the bug that’s causing PvE servers to show up as PvP servers.

Also my server randomly crashes (Test Live to Live without a wipe)

CPU @ 60% utilisation & memory 8.2GB / 32GB used.

Looks like one of your mods isn’t up to date. Which is likely since the devkit hasn’t been released for this update yet. Disable mods and you should be fine.

Not using any mods mate.

Sever logs show:

[2018.04.17-20.13.55:551][595]LogWindows:Error: === Critical error: ===
[2018.04.17-20.13.55:552][595]LogWindows:Error:
[2018.04.17-20.13.55:552][595]LogWindows:Error: Fatal error!
[2018.04.17-20.13.55:552][595]LogWindows:Error: Unhandled Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION 0x00000000
[2018.04.17-20.13.55:552][595]LogWindows:Error: !0x0000000000000000
[2018.04.17-20.13.55:553][595]LogWindows:Error:
[2018.04.17-20.13.55:560][595]LogExit: Executing StaticShutdownAfterError
[2018.04.17-20.13.56:262][595]LogWindows: FPlatformMisc::RequestExit(1)
[2018.04.17-20.13.56:262][595]Log file closed, 04/17/18 21:13:56

Just so you know, I love all the new added features, been playing this game for over 200 hours, so yeah…The HUD…it was original, it was refreshing…now it squacking sucks, sorry for the strong language, but it really does. please, bring back the pretty circles! lines are boring and fundamentally (as game developing goes) lazy… and did I mention boring? It made the game unique, and the HUD was easy on the eye NOW IT’S CLUTTERED! it’s like a bad bukkakein my left eye…I love you, but not that much…PLEASE bring back Bubble ICONS!

4 Likes

I too liked the old icons more. It’s so hard to tell exactly what % of encumbrance you’re at now, or if you’re cold or hot.

1 Like

Is the modlist.txt empty? Usually when an error is pointing to C:\UE4.…

it means its trying to call a file from a mod.

At least this is how we fixed the issue when a buddy of mine had the exact same error.

New combat system is a lot of fun so far! The changes to armor weight and bow damage are a big hindrance, though. Right click shot doesn’t hold very long, the damage is very underwhelming. With new weights on tools and armors, I feel like I’m forced into a corner as far as stat distribution if I want any quality of life when moving around. New updates show a lot of promise but these changes have shifted the tone of gameplay a lot, for me.

Update: Seem to be unable to smelt hardened steel bars as well.

1 Like

Blockquote
New combat system is a lot of fun so far! The changes to armor weight and bow damage are a big hindrance, though. Right click shot doesn’t hold very long, the damage is very underwhelming. With new weights on tools and armors, I feel like I’m forced into a corner as far as stat distribution if I want any quality of life when moving around. New updates show a lot of promise but these changes have shifted the tone of gameplay a lot, for me.

I agree. Bows feel clunky, aside from the damage being very low. Maybe they don’t mean for it to be a main weapon, which I could live with, though it’s a disappointment. The stuttering fire rate makes it difficult to choose your shots, though and that is hard to handle.

2 Likes

Why can’t we rebind the kick key? This is super annoying.

2 Likes