Personal thoughts about current Conan

Why is it impossible for you to understand that for some people, the game died? I mean, in my eyes it never died, but in my eyes the PVP part of the game becoming more and more like an 80 yold man that’s getting slower and slower and not able to move the way he used to.

So not yet. But it wont last much longer, if the updates especially for the PVP part of the game keeps the same direction.

Back in 2017-2018 and so on it was mostly weapon nerfs that was making people pissed. But now its so much more. It’s nerfing the abbility for you to have a good flow in the game, with possibilitys like good movement, mechanics and so on.

5 Likes

It’s an opinion, I respect that, maybe pvp combat needs more work, maybe I can’t say because pvp is not in my interest. Even when I participate to pvp servers I had 2 roles, the farmer and the crafter. Plus I was defending my base in purge alone most of the times and on raids mostly with my clan . But my interest was defence, only defense. However I cannot see the full game possibilities and options in a combat, maybe a lucky one too. Pvp in this game is so much more than combat and you know that. Pvp again is just the one third of the game and combat the one fourth. If you don’t know the rest 3/4 you were playing incorrectly, so your judge for this game is… Less. If you just give an example, I will take it, however, pvp combat cannot represent the full face of the game. There for I will agree with people that first of all know the game extremely well, like @Multigun and all I can say for my self, that plays games since 1985, my first Atari console. Am I a professional gamer? No way, gaming is my hobby, my sick hobby, through these fingers a lot of titles, worthy titles, pass, so I can easily say that Conan exiles is one of the best titles ever and it should be on top 10 not of the week or the month, but of all times, thank you :+1:t6:

1 Like

Probably these people should write something like “I don’t like this game anymore” rather than “The game is dead”. If some aspects of the game has changed to the point that this drew away a certain amount of player base, doesn’t automatically mean that these changes destroyed the game for everyone. People need to learn to get over something that they aren’t agree with.

3 Likes

I would. There is just one problem with that. The game is totally different today compared to one or two years ago. This isnt the game that i spent my money on and liked once anymore.

4 Likes

As long as Conan doesn’t break 50% of the peak player base of release date (not talking about EA) and keeps it for at least 3 months I will call the game dead.

Well I will call it dead game nonetheless, because it is dead for me. They “brokefixed” it.

Funcom is riding a dead horse. And Dune will not look any better unless they seriously improve the quality of their products. More testing, better support, faster bug/exploit fixing.

Yes it happens that bugs occur. It also happens that exploits get revealed. It just makes me shake my head when I see serious exploits in a PvP game stay unfixed for MONTHS.

And this is reflected by playerbase. Conan Unconquered btw was also a complete failure for Funcom.

2 Likes

Unless you’re playing on a console currently affected by a performance bug, that’s just more hyperbole. The game is perfectly playable for most people, you just don’t like it. Call a spade a spade.

It doesn’t matter if the game died “for some people”. If you’re free to redefine “dead” to mean anything you want, that renders the discussion pointless. If we can’t discuss anything because everything is subjective, then why even come to the forums? The game is not dead by any commonly accepted definition of “dead”.

See? That’s the kind of arbitrary redefinition I’m talking about.

10 Likes

Man . The game is unplayable with actual freeze and the new patches just adding broken things . I’m talking about pvp aspect and my PERSONAL game experience.
You should be blind to deny the bad current status of game :slight_smile:

That’s why I prefaced what I said with “unless you’re playing on a console currently affected by a performance bug”.

Still doesn’t change the fact that the game is dead for me. And you clearly understand that.

I bought a different game in 2018. 2019 they started to hurt the game with the dodge changes, 2020 with Siptah EA they hurt it even more and with 2.5 they killed it.

And this is my opinion.

It actually does. If enough people feel that way in the end, there is no one to play with. So it actually matters. And as a PVP player I would say without some good guys that making good private servers the whole PVP genre in this game would actually been dead.

No, it actually doesn’t in context of what you replied to. @Multigun objected to the same old, tired hyperbole of “X killed Conan Exiles”, and that’s what you replied to by saying that the game died “for some people”.

“X killed Conan Exiles” is not the same as “I don’t like Conan Exiles anymore because of X”, no matter how much you want it to be.

That’s when the game is actually dead, which is what “the game is dead” is supposed to mean. It’s not like this is my first “Conan Exiles sucks” thread, so I’m aware to what lengths people are willing to go and twist the language to suit them. But that doesn’t change what the words mean.

But people are playing the game, and in the long run, the playerbase has been growing slowly but steadily.

And if you wonder why some of us bother tilting at the windmills when you guys start lamenting about how the game is dead, it’s because you then proceed to demand stuff like periodic wipes or limiting shrines to one per players or removing horses from the game. Those are all real examples, by the way, I didn’t make anything up.

I have no problem shutting up while you guys get together to share how much you hate the changes and how much Conan Exiles sucks. But it ain’t dead, not by a long shot.

7 Likes

Because you know what I don’t do? Go play a game I would call dead and then go to their forums and complain about what I want changed. I move on to something I do like or find a way to enjoy it myself.

6 Likes

Since the game is so different compared to what game people actually paid for 2018 for an example, I can actually understand some people felt it died and became a new game.

And if you look at officials, there is not much to do except fighting cheaters over and over. Some year/years ago, it was actually (believe it or not) really fun to be in officials. That fun is long way gone.

It’s just looking into it in different ways and for me it’s okey, im not crying over someone calling it something else, you have your opinion and I have mine. For me the game back in 2018-2019 was the game I paid for, now that game is gone.

If we talk playerbase wise ofc it’s not dead, but it’s been pretty much stuck at the same spot. And PVP point of view, I can really see a difference, there is not at all that many clans like it was 1-3 years ago.

1 Like

@dorpie reading back over the thread, you have actually been quite clear on that distinction (the game being dead for an individual vs dead in terms of playerbase) - in fact your very first post in the thread shows that understanding. However, the OP quite clearly did not mean that - they talk at several points about the numbers of players, and how many have stopped playing, and why these recent patches have been ‘the biggest mistake they ever did for Conan’. Their feelings may stem from exactly what you are talking about, but that is not what they are expressing. And it is the wild claims that they are making that various people in the thread are arguing against. No one is saying that you, or any one else, cannot feel that the game is ‘dead to you’ - that the game you began is changed too far to still feel to you like the same game - I’ve been there with another game, and believe me I feel for you. They’re just arguing against the wild claims that the game as a whole is dead - which you agree is not the case.

1 Like

DanQuixote, that name is, uhm, fitting to this thread.

Friends, people claiming that game X is

• dead,
  • the WoW killer,
  • the worst thing in the world,
  • the best thing in the world,
  • the place where they found their spouse,
  • the point which they lost their spouse over,
  • the best balanced game ever (usually after winning a PvP fight) or
  • FULL OF CHEATERSS!!!1111 (usually after loosing a PvP fight)
    is like the rain.

It comes. It goes. It will come again. And it will end again.

What we cannot change, we have to accept.

2 Likes

Naraka combat is technically well executed but is cringy af… if conan takes that route im out lol.

The game is far from dead and combat, as always, needs some tweeking because its a competitive game, and that means there’s gona be something to exploit sooner or later in order to get the advantage. Thats what you get in this kind of game…

I agree that combat could be better in many ways, but somehow it’s never enough…

1 Like

Was it?

I remember something that looked like poke-roll-poke-poke-poke-roll. I actually kinda liked it. My combat still looks pretty much like that. I feel my love for the spear has been rekindled.

1 Like

I guess I’m doing it wrong then. I use lots of light attacks. Sometimes the difference in reach, forward or sideways momentum is more important than the damage done by an individual attack.

1 Like

Now it’s even more rolling. Since u need to roll to get out of a animation. So if they really dont want animation cancell like unwield for example, they should remove cancelling with roll aswell then since that way is even faster than unwield cancelling was in a attacking point of view.

Yes that’s what happened back then and then they ran out of stamina and got killed. It was fun to do though. But highly ineffective.

This.

Well, you pressed WIeld/Unwield as well. And I used light attacks when the spear still had AoE. And you had throwing axe into bomb placement for runners that are low HP. Or gas arrows. Wearing a gas mask was important, because you couldn’t heal without one (they reintroduced that btw).