2.4 PvP Changes Makes the game less fluid and less enjoyable

Getting stuck in animations without a chance to cancel is very bad for the flow of the gameplay. It makes your character feel clumsy, annoying to navigate and not responsive. It was the same problem with the movement acceleration at the start of horsepatch and we saw how bad that was.

Dont get me wrong, the removal of the offhand (rope/throwing axe/torch) animation canceling is great because it made you able to spam attacks at a ridiculous rate and could be abused with macros. But removing the normal unwield cancelling from all weapons that has been a core mechanic in the game for so long now, is a step too far.

Last but not least - The game needs an instant use heal for high level PvP. Ambrosia pre 2.4 was perfectly balanced for this.

51 Likes

exactly.

10 Likes

Agree 110%. Every word is on point.

11 Likes

what he said

8 Likes

True words nothing more to say.

8 Likes

that’s all right what vizz said, it’s impossible to fight without another healing than the aloe potions and you can’t unequip any weapon during u hit once, stuck in the animation… the fix with the offhand weapon like throwing axe/rope/shield/torch is nice, but the other one need to be fixed.

11 Likes

Two very valid points that need to be addressed for the sake of Pvp community

9 Likes

Agree dude for everything

6 Likes

The new combat changes are great and they shouldn’t be reverted. However, the part of the combat animations where you pose like holding a golf club should be cut off. The combat animations should be fast and to the point of attacking your enemy and less posing like you’re in the middle of a photo shoot.
Ambrosia should stay as it is. Please no instant healing. Instant healing made the game boring for me.

7 Likes

With all the changes. A kind letter from a fan since Early acces - Conan Exiles / Suggestions - Funcom Forums Please check it out mates similar to this topic.

3 Likes

As far as the cancel…good riddance. See dev stream. They want to balance weapons and give all of them uniqueness. They pause is something they will tweak to balance risk/reward of attacks. Higher risk (fewer iframes, pause after etc) = bigger reward( more damage, less Stam etc.). They will need to tweak…but direction is more engaging than find highest dmg qeap and cancel animation style.

4 Likes

I have to agree with op. The combat feels slow and clucky. Equip/Unequip has never been the issue. All PvPers wanted gone was the macro spam with 1h weapons + offhand and we are happy that this was dealt with. However, being stuck in a long animation with no option to heal is not something I consider fun or engaging in any way.

13 Likes

As a person with 9K hours, I agree.

2 Likes

Seeing the changes that have been made to the pvp system for a long time, it is giving me the impression that Funcom wants to end pvp: pvp is problems, complaints, people abusing exploits or using haks = spending time to fix everything this instead of developing new dlc (money). So if pvp disappears or becomes something marginal I think they think they will do better …

4 Likes

I could play with the current combat animations but it feels way more boring.

The healing animations need to change on aloe potions. It is currently too risky to drink a pot.

5 Likes

Idk, I think its more engaging to have a 100% responsive gameplay than sitting back and watching ur character be stuck in animations. Canceling attacks by unwielding makes is so you can get a quick attack off while staying on the move, but with the drawback that you have to wait for the unwield/wield animations to do the next attack.

4 Likes

100%

2 Likes

core mechanic? that was pretty much an exploit, lol.

8 Likes

I dont understand how it can be considered an exploit when there is even a keybind made for it (wield/unwield)

7 Likes

I guess that, by that logic, they added attack animations just for fun and to annoy the players.

4 Likes