With all the changes. A kind letter from a fan since Early acces

PLEASE ADD VANILLA SERVERS.

I accept & respect ur work - But this is going to far, every game going these realistic ways is simply to bad & I mean this with no harm to attack Funcom

I think it is about time u start to seperate exiled lands updates & Siptah updates. All the new ideas u bring into siptah ALWAYS destroy the Exiled lands. And the Huge fan I am of Exiled lands are very sad now to again see alot of mess. I understand u gonna do few changes & stuff based on feedback.

But this is my absolute feedback.

Since back before u added the Siptah map. The game was very good & u had a HIGH amount of players playing this game alot. With Every patch released u force people to leave to bring in new people. Which in my math is keeping u on a stable low player count.

Servers & Maps should be diffrent. There should be a reason to pick one map over the other & wanting to try a new map.

I suggest
make the exiled lands as it were in 2018. Even with all the bugs. U can polish the mesh. BuT dont touch the gameplay. IT WAS GOLDEN! the healing, the swapping, the apex’ the dodge, the crafting stations, the unique thrall system. ALL- WORTH -IT. This was before mounts. That is why u made obelisks

Then take siptah. Which is ur new product.
Bring all the new gods, armors, recipes, weapons, mounts and everything else. to that map. let that be a game for it self. So that people feel the change of choosing diffrent maps
mounts on siptah make sense cus of no maprooms

I would like to see some feedback on this topic as I know I do not feel alone in this whole progress. Please add if I missed anything.

6 Likes

I highly doubt this would ever be a thing, funcom knows the direction they want to take the exiled lands and it’s core systems. That is their vision. If you want a server they way you describe it why not rent a private one and configure it to your hearts desire?

Thank you so much for ur feedback. Every comment is accepted.

if the mods where there I would yes no problem I hope they will come, if there are methods on making them I would be very pleased to know how.

1 Like

Redirecting... support on this where ever u can.
its a facebook link

1 Like

The problem with doing different base games is it makes balancing a nightmare on any shared assets. So base game mechanics will always affect each other on the maps.

1 Like

Ain’t gonna happen. Ever. Even providing the 2018 version – as-is, without any bugfixes or updates or improvements – would be infeasible.

First of all, people would complain about bugs. “Yeah, I know we said we wanted 2018-flavor servers and we would be okay with bugs, but this particular bug that bothers me is not such a big deal to fix. I don’t see why they can’t make an exception for it.”

Second, even without updates, you still need to maintain certain amount of in-house know-how for the old version, for server troubleshooting purposes. That doesn’t just mean written documentation, but actually having people who know how the old code works and how to troubleshoot it.

The best you could ever hope for is to find a way to get an old version and host it yourself. Ask @SirDaveWolf about it, he mentioned he knows a way.

5 Likes

Shrug. Can it be done? Sure
 we have WoW Classic. Would it be done
 is the question. Very unlikely.

I personally would skip this.

2 Likes

Not Feasible in the slightest. Completely, 1000% disagree with this feedback.

I mean, if you are all cool with Funcom’s resources being split in half so that a tiny percent of the community gets their 2018 + EXACT demands met (as per the OP’s “suggestion”), then more power to you, I guess?

5 Likes

Thx for ur feedback, its a perspective but at the same time I see a way to fill some of the many empty servers by changing some of them bot all, out there, as they could be filled with alot of players who i know would join these kinds of servers.

The game has many type of players in its audiance & they are about to remove all the pvp players & we are concerned

No, they aren’t. Claims that “Conan Exiles is dying” have been a staple on these forums for almost as long as I’ve had a forum account, and the game hasn’t died all this time.

1 Like

The solution for that asset could be no changes on older patched servers

Thank you for the feedback.

This is simply a suggestion to help open up some, not all, of the empty servers out there, there is alot of player who wants it, as u even said urself, this is not a first time suggestion or request.

Wow did this
Runescape did this
Prolly more, with success :grin:

Upvote the idea, im sure it can be done,
I dont see any hard part in making some servers older patches - not adding new stuff to it & just allign it every update so u dont have to depatch every update

Thx again for ur feedback

100% agree. Also want the 2018 version back. They could just release it as seperate branch in Steam. And PLEASE no more “support” or “bugfixes” for this version.

Wait, why is it not feasable? Do they not have a copy of the game/code whatever from that timeframe? Would it not be as simple as “plug and play” on a few servers and slap the ‘legacy’ title on them? They need zero support past that in terms of updates.

cant work because of the G-Portal way of things

I’m sorry, where did I say that?

Of course I’m not going to “upvote” it. I gave you solid reasons why it’s not feasible to do. You may choose to believe your own emotions more than reasonable arguments, but I’m not going to support the idea that isn’t feasible.

I explained what the problem is with that.

No, it wouldn’t be “zero support”, that’s precisely what makes this idea infeasible. You can’t slap an old version of the game on official servers and provide no support for it.

Let’s say one of these “legacy” servers goes down and stays down. Players start submitting Zendesk tickets for it. Someone has to troubleshoot the server. Why is it not coming back up? So now you need people who understand the old code well enough to be able to troubleshoot server problems.

And even if that wasn’t a big problem, how long do you think people would be happy playing official legacy servers with the bugs the legacy version had?

Right now, these people are saying “we don’t need bugfixes” because they’re thinking in terms of janky AI and improperly configured recipes and stuff like that. They’re not thinking about exploits. Does duping ring a bell? Does undermeshing ring a bell? Do giant player toons ring a bell?

The only way I see it can work based on other people’s feedback above is if they released as you say, 2018 version, play as it is, NO updates and NO official servers either. Single play or dedicated servers would be the only option and with NO real support from Funcom’s end other than how to install the version.

Very unlikely they will release an old version even with those parameters above, but more likely than what was originally proposed.

Either case, if there seems to be very little interest then there is little reason for them to produce this version. So if you get enough people to support your idea first, then maybe there is a marketable reason for them to think about it or look into it. At the moment, its a super low wish list item.

1 Like

I was more refering to when u mentioned SirDaveWolf in the sense of the request. meaning that it seems to me it has been talked about before

Overall what I mean to make of this is just that it could take point in some of the many empty servers & make it as “vanilla servers” if we should call it that. I am sure that the game version can be implamented & supported by not updating that version but allowing it to run with the others or as a “Funcom-made mod” that install right as u enter the server as it does with other modded servers.

Im sure there are other ways to make it alternative & working. I do not simply beleive that this is not possible by funcom if SirDave knows a way, sorry.

I am happy for ur feedback.

Very unlikely is what people said about vanilla wow & Runescape :stuck_out_tongue: u gotta beleive brother :smiley:

Funcom ofc wont take the single ant’s opinion for an answer but the whole lot would probably work.

I just see this as a great way of making some of the many empty servers somthing else :smiley:

Oh, that. I might not have communicated clearly. Here’s what I was referring to:
https://forums.funcom.com/t/aloe-potion-animation/162939/11

It’s possible, but not feasible, in the same way “chemtrails” are theoretically possible but practically infeasible :stuck_out_tongue:

And on that note, I’ll leave you to believe in what you wish.

1 Like