Isle of Siptah Producer Letter: My Feedback

Before I start I have a question that has probably been asked a million times: will the new updates to Siptah require a map wipe? Man I would hate to lose all the loot I have hoarded and my beautiful castle.

If not, will the new NPC camps take up any of the current buildable area? I would hate to login and all of a sudden half of my base is gone from a new NPC camp that spawned in LOL.

I’m excited about the NPC camps, The tower having a playable vault/dungeon, the southern expansion, new races and religions, new placeables, and what was mentioned on new mechanics.

I am however concerned with the storm changes. I actually prefer that no one can build in that area. Its nice to ride my horse across the map when there is no storm and not have to traverse around giant amusement parks and foundation roller coasters. Those two things annoy more then anything else about the game. I have seen people make some REALLY ugly bases that take up way too much area, blocking things off and ruining the fun for everyone else. Please re-consider this change.

Everything else sounds really really good. Good job on the improvements!

2 Likes

I’m about 90% sure it won’t. As all the additions to Exiled Lands (North, Volcano, and Jungle, each a map extension) did not.

This is a good question. Though from the sounds of it. They may simply add another set of islands down there where its just water. So unless you have some aquatic builds you should be alright.

1 Like

My apologies for not being able to find the direct quote on the fly, but Funcom has stated there will be no Siptah and Exiled Lands wipe.

Before I start I have a question that has probably been asked a million times: will the new updates to Siptah require a map wipe? Man I would hate to lose all the loot I have hoarded and my beautiful castle.

I think You could expect that to happen as it is early access but don’t quote me on that.

I am however concerned with the storm changes. I actually prefer that no one can build in that area. Its nice to ride my horse across the map when there is no storm and not have to traverse around giant amusement parks and foundation roller coasters. Those two things annoy more then anything else about the game. I have seen people make some REALLY ugly bases that take up way too much area, blocking things off and ruining the fun for everyone else. Please re-consider this change.

I think they should atleast make it decay faster or it should be attacked once a day by pve monsters or maybe damaged a bit each maelstorm so it will require more maintenance.

1 Like

I am also wondering about where NPC camps will be placed. I have a nice pretty big base near the west of the map at Violet Isle. I would hate to lose it, due it becoming NPC camp.

1 Like

I actually don’t mind if they end up putting an NPC camp in the area where my base is located, I just want to know exactly where ahead of time so I have enough time to get my things moved out of that spot.

1 Like

I don’t normally post, but when I do, it because I feel it’s important the lurkers be heard. :slight_smile:

RE:

Going forward we will improve the Isle of Siptah expansion significantly in all these aspects by:

• Introducing many new NPC camps around the map
    Diversity is good. Having different things around the Siptah map makes it interesting.

• Populate the camps with humans who can be captured as thralls
    Humans? Thralls? One of the unique draws of Siptah is the new Thrall mechanic. I like that (as difficult as it can be sometimes).

• Expand the island map to the south with new content and desirable building locations
    Cool. Will it be relevant and connected to the rest of the Siptah island story?

• Tone down the intensity of the storm and make it possible to build within the storm area
    Storm AREA needs bug fixing. Intensity is fine late game. Need more STORY to let early game know not to build close to or even MESS with the tower early on. :wink:

• Break the links between the vaults, the storm, and the surge
    Details?

• Introduce purges with enemies from the island
    Sounds good.

• Introduce new activities and new PvE mechanics
    Yes! A reason to gather resources! :slight_smile:

• Make new and unique placeables for the Isle of Siptah
    I would buy more DLCs. They don’t 't have to be Siptah specific DLCs. :wink:

• Introduce a new religion and new avatar
    This could be interesting. Don’t over egg the pudding tho and make the new hotness the ONLY winning combination. :wink:

• Open a chamber in the Tower of Siptah, with great rewards to be found inside
    YES! End game goals! :slight_smile:

• Allow character transfers between the Exiled Lands and the Isle of Siptah
    I would limit and restrict it like a Terminator kind of transfer. Naked but you have your attributes and feats. With an end game crafting option that would allow transfer with gear/items. i.e. lvl 60 quest reward on both maps that allows a special Obelisk-type item to be crafted at great expense, with unique resources for whatever map the avatar may be on (in the case of future DLC maps being created).

Love the game. Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

I really hope they implement the character transfer between the Exiled Lands and the Isle of Siptah into the game itself somehow. E.g. have a portal device (e.g. akin to map room) we have to make in one realm before we can move back and forth between the two. Add a little story/lore behind it, a Journey step, etc etc. Really make a proper effort of it’s integration. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.